Through the Company’s Graduate Programme, we are committed to introducing individuals at early career level who will bring the latest academic knowledge to contribute to the Company’s overall strategy.
Recently listed in the top 100 Graduate Programmes in Ireland, our Graduate programme helps individuals to improve their future career prospects by providing bespoke training, ensuring that we provide personal, business and technical skills to take your career where you want it to go.
Here’s what our Graduates have to say:
The Graduate Programme is held over a two year period with two six month placements and a one year placement facilitated by various Business Units. The programme provides Graduates with an opportunity to gain experience in different areas such as Data Analysis, Marketing, Project Management and Procurement to name but a few. At the beginning of each programme we assign a Mentor to each graduate. The mentor provides guidance and support to the graduate, as and when required.
Our Promise to help “Shape Your Future”
We offer a comprehensive Graduate Development Programme, during which time the graduates taking part:
- Gain experience across a number of commercial areas, in different roles that involve challenging and varied tasks.
- Work with different people across our businesses with each task being carefully selected to maximise their learning potential.
- Enhance skills through specific training and development courses based around our ‘Behaviours for Success’ competencies. This focus will enhance an organizational culture built on the core values that drive our business. Read more about our company’s values.
- Attend graduate learning days to meet business leaders and gain unique learning insights into key projects
- Network with other graduates
- Gain guidance and support from a business mentor
- Receive on-the-job training from experienced professionals.
- Learn and develop in a changing organisation and have the opportunity to make a real difference.
On average, the Company recruits a total of five Graduates each year, in a variety of disciplines such as Finance, IT and Business. All Graduate are full-time employees who benefit from the following:
- Competitive starting salary
- Bonus based on your performance
- Discounts on our products
- Educational Assistance Programme
- Travel Pass Scheme – Discounted LUAS, Bus, and Train schemes
- Cycle to work scheme
Still want to know more? Here’s a recent testimonial from one of our Graduates:
An interview with Graduate Ronan Hennessy, currently working in the Resource Recovery (AES) business unit in Bord na Móna.
1. When did you join the Graduate Programme and what roles have you worked on since you joined?
I joined the Bord na Móna Graduate Programme in October 2014. For my first placement, I worked in Marketing in Fuels and Horticulture. I moved to AES in March 2014 for a second rotation in marketing.
2. How did you find the recruitment process at Bord na Móna?
The recruitment process was challenging but provided great opportunities to learn more about the company.
The online ability tests can prove tricky, so I would advise all applicants to practice them as often as possible and be prepared and relaxed prior to attempting them.
Everyone involved in the process was very helpful from day one and provided support when required. I found the first round interview quite informal and relaxed which I felt helped me to be myself. The second round interview was more formal and required me to complete a presentation to a two-member panel. When building my presentation I indentified areas of the business that I could apply what I had learnt in college.
3. What responsibilities are included in your current role?
In my current role in AES I have been working on building the content for the new AES website. I had very little experience in marketing before working with Bord na Móna but have gained great experience in the past year. My next placement will be in operations management in fuels. Although the new role will be in a completely different line of work I’ll still be able to carry across competencies and relationships built in previous roles.
4. How would you describe the culture at Bord na Móna?
The culture in Bord na Móna is very forward thinking. Everyone I have worked with in the past year has been very approachable and keen to get involved in difficult projects. As a result, the people in Bord na Móna are constantly striving to better themselves and improve their work practices.
5. What do you think future graduates would want to know about Bord na Móna?
Bord na Móna is an innovative company that is moving with the times, constantly seeking new opportunities to grow and diversify. Employees here are very proud to work for such a well established company with a long successful history.
The Bord na Móna Graduate Programme gives graduates the opportunity to gain experience in different business units and in different roles. You get a great insight into various aspects of the businesses during each placement and get to work with some very interesting people. Graduates leave the programme with a wide range of experience which will kick-start your career.
Each new graduate is assigned with a business mentor provides advice and support for the graduate.
I have found that there is support everywhere you look in the business. The HR team coordinating the programme are always free for a catch up on any queries you may have. Line managers and colleagues are great to provide support and advice as you settle into your role.
6. How does Bord na Móna differentiate itself when it comes to being an employer of choice?
Bord na Móna’s long standing reputation stood out for me when choosing the Graduate Programme. Bord na Móna has always been a well known name and a company that is highly respected. In recent years the company has adapted to the changing needs of stakeholders and has a focus on sustainability through innovation whilst also protecting the environment in which we operate in.
7. Describe your Bord na Móna experience using five words.
Rewarding, motivating, challenging, exciting, memorable
Details of the Graduate Programme are advertised in early summer on our website Twitter account @BordnaMónajobs and also on the Irishjobs website, with our new intake of Graduates starting in October.
Bord na Móna do not accept speculative applications.