Apprentice HGV Mechanic
RECYCLING Open to Public competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for an Apprentice HGV Mechanic. The role will be based in BNM Recycling Lusk and will report to the Service Manager. The purpose of this role is to train as a HGV mechanic under the supervision of the maintenance team
Job Title: Apprentice HGV Mechanic
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: Service Manager
Location: BNM Recycling Lusk
Duration: 4 Years
HR Contact: Carol Young
Apply on or before: 30th December 2022
Eligibility: Public Competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• You will assist in carrying out preventative, scheduled and breakdown maintenance on a fleet of recycling collection vehicles and other equipment at our workshop in Lusk under the supervision of our service manager and mechanical fitters
• Help to maintain maintenance records for all works completed using the maintenance software system
• Stock taking and housekeeping duties in the workshop as assigned by the Service manager
• As per the Solus apprenticeship program you will keep a portfolio of your work signed off by the Service Manager
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• Education – minimum Junior Cert
• 1 to 2 years Mechanical maintenance experience
• Manual Handling & Safe Pass an advantage
• Good Written and Verbal English essential.
• Must be flexible to work across different work sections within the business.
• Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
• Manual Handling experience
• Experience in the waste industry a distinct advantage
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.