Apprentice Mechanical Automation & Mechanical Fitter
RECYCLING Open to Public competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for an Apprentice Mechanical Automation & Mechanical Fitter. The role will be based in BNM Recycling Tullamore and will report to the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Supervisor. Our identified mentors will provide training and mentoring in conjunction with Solas to an apprentice in the field of plant and machinery installation, maintenance, and repair in order to develop the knowledge and skills required to gain the craft qualification.
Job Title: Apprentice Mechanical Automation & Mechanical Fitter
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Supervisor
Location: BNM Recycling Tullamore
Duration: 4 Years
HR Contact: Carol Young
Apply on or before: 30th December 2022
Eligibility: Public Competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Working with specialised tooling & machinery
• Completing standard preventative electrical maintenance work on existing plant and equipment
• Installation of plant equipment. Dismantling machinery, repairing and making new parts when performing preventative maintenance work
• Fabrication of parts required, including welding
• Co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring health and safety, and welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises.
• Strong communication skills
• Proven track record of being a team player, with the ability to work on their own initiative
• Be flexible in their approach to work and willingness to work in any required areas
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• Educated to Leaving Certification (incl. Ordinary Leve Maths and two practical subjects)
• Applicants must have a full (clean) B Licence.
• Manual Handling & Safe Pass an advantage
• Good Written and Verbal English essential.
• Must be flexible to work across different work sections within the business.
• Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
• Manual Handling experience
• Experience in the waste industry a distinct advantage
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.