Apprentice Mechanical Fitter
BNM Recycling Open to Public Competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for an Apprentice Mechanical Fitter on a 4 Year Training contract This role will be based in Tullamore and will report to the MRF Manager. The successful candidate will assist the Mechanics / Fitters to maintain the MRF on site at Tullamore or other BNM Recycling sites as and when required.
Job Title: Apprentice Mechanical Fitter
Business Unit: BNM Recycling
Reporting to: MRF Manager
Duration: 4 Year Training contract
HR Contact: Cora Kinnarney
Apply on or before: 12th February 2022
Eligibility: Public Competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Assisting with the preparation and repair of various MRF plant and equipment. This will include fault finding, mobile and static plant routine checks, changing bearings, greasing, cutting, welding, power washing, sanding, spraying, forklift and other mobile equipment operation, and other general repairs as required.
• Ensuring all equipment leaving the workshop is to the required standard.
• Maintaining the workshop in an orderly fashion, with a focus on safety.
• Design of solutions to problems as they arise.
• Be flexible to work in different sites as required.
• Act professionally and courteously with all colleagues and members of the public.
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public.
• Show courtesy to all customers and members of the public as well as work colleagues.
• Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives;
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes;
• A full clean driving license is required
• Interest and experience working on vehicles
• Manual handling awareness
• Strong communication skills
• Proficiency in the English language is a requirement. Candidates who meet the screening criteria will be invited to complete relevant aptitude tests. The results from these aptitude tests will be used to compile a short list for interview purposes.
• Candidates selected for appointment will be required to pass a medical examination, including a colour vision test. Please submit your Curriculum Vitae including a contact number, e-mail address and details of your Leaving Certificate results.
• Candidates will need to have completed their Leaving Certificate at Ordinary Level or Leaving Cert Applied, at a minimum. Candidates will also need to have attained a minimum of Grade D in five subjects (including Mathematics) and at least one of the following:
• Construction Studies;
• Design & Communications Graphics (Technical Drawing)
Note: Failure to attach the above details will result in application not being processed.
If you wish to be considered, simply click “Apply” on the job advert
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.