B2C Business Development Manager
RECYCLING Open to Public competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for a B2C Business Development Manager on a permanent basis. The role will be based in Bord Na Mona Recycling Newbridge and will report to the Commercial Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and growth of the existing large customer portfolio whilst developing new business opportunities within the Business Unit alongside delivering the sales budget by revenue and profit.
Job Title: B2C Business Development Manager
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: Commercial Manager
Location: Bord na Mona Recycling Newbridge
HR Contact: Carol Young
Apply on or before: February 29th 2024
Eligibility: Open to Public competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Define, plan, and deliver sales revenue and business development strategy for residential / domestic customers (B2C) in consultation with the key stakeholders.
• Investigate & Analyse the current B2C customer base along with the relevant pricing files by price plan, by area, by service offering. Report on findings with suggestions to improve revenue and assist in improved customer experience.
• Evaluate financial impact of price increases, government levy’s, price discounts, competitive matching and any new upsell or cross sell initiatives. Model and present the impact of price increases on customer numbers and revenue.
• Understand and report on variances in Household customer numbers to budget and develop recommendations for actions required to ensure budget targets are met.
• Organise and manage a team of Field sales reps to deliver new customer growth.
• Identify sales opportunities to be driven through our website. Liaise with and assist the Marketing department with devising and updating the website. Propose business requirements for improved website which will increase B2C sales.
• Propose pricing changes and present to management for discussion and approval. Manage the price changes in the systems. Ensure QC on changes and in customer invoicing. Manage customer invoicing in a timely fashion to ensure correct correspondence with the customer and limit errors in customer invoices and their portal.
• Proactively manage bad debts and out of date customers to minimise the impact on revenue. Manage and monitor Refunds and credits notes through the credit control team.
• Support and assist in preparation of the budget and forecasts.
• Define and manage the process of Onboarding to Off boarding a customer with the Customer Services manager.
• Ensure Environmental, Health & Safety management systems are followed. All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public.
• Lead and Performance Manage your direct report(s). Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in similar Utility / Service Consumer facing Industry
• Band D – Hons Degree in relevant subject or significant experience in the industry
• At least 5 years in sales leadership position
• Analytical mindset. Excellent Excel. B2C sales development.
• Excellent inter-personal skills, communication skills and negotiation skills.
• Ability to plan effectively and contribute to strategy development.
• Good IT proficiency with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must be flexible to work across different work sections within the business.
• High proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
If you wish to be considered, simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.