RECYCLING Open to Public competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for a Bid Writer on a permanent basis to join the Commercial Team. The role will be based in BNM Recycling Newbridge and will report to the Commercial Sales Manager. The role will be a Hybrid position. The successful candidate will be responsible for researching and preparing documents which are designed to help the sales team win tenders or receive project funding.
The person must be excellent at paying attention to the details and must be able to delve deep into the buyer’s strategic aims to ensure the bid is aligned in the same way and meets all the requirements and more.
Job Title: Bid Writer
Business Unit: BNM Recycling
Reporting to: Commercial Sales Manager
Location: BNM Recycling Newbridge
HR Contact: Carol Young
Apply on or before: 31st of March 2023
Eligibility: Public competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Work with the Commercial Sales Manager to deliver revenue growth through tenders
• Undertake the development and production of quality professional proposals including written documentation and presentations
• Adopt best practice proposal writing techniques to maximise the scoring potential of the submission
• Develop and articulate coherent responses to support comprehensive submissions to tenders for commercial contracts, utilising written text, photographs and supporting documents where applicable
• Monitor online procurement websites and identify and flag potential opportunities
• Understand the bid timelines and develop a bid plan to meet the relevant milestones on time and steer applications to successful completion
• Report on bids submitted, wins, losses, and reasons
• Liaise with senior managers, collating up to date and relevant information for opportunities
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the businesses’ products, businesses, applications, and service offerings
• Strengthen commercial customer satisfaction by understanding customer needs, and gathering market intelligence
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• 3+ years of experience in bid writing or working as part of the Tender team
• Strong results-based track record of creating and winning commercial tenders
• Strong team player: motivated and extremely customer-centric, ability to quickly adapt and adjust to working with different team members
• Analytical and problem-solving ability
• Strong client-facing and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Proven ability to make often-complex content coherent, logical, and engaging, Proven ability to process new information quickly, to understand what the bid questions are asking, what the solution is, and what the unique selling points are
• A high level of attention to detail is an essential
• Ability to manage time, keep calm under pressure and work well under strict deadlines
• Effective interpersonal skills (verbal and written) to communicate with peers and management team.
• Good IT proficiency with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint.
• Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
• Experience in the Waste/Recycling industry a distinct advantage
• Consultancy work as a tender writer desirable
• Must be flexible to travel as required to company depots and offices within Ireland
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.