Bin Delivery Supervisor
RECYCLING Open to Public competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for an Bin Delivery Supervisor on a permanent basis. The role will be based in BNM Recycling Portlaoise and will report to the Transport & Fleet Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible to ensure the safe and efficient delivery, removal and replacement of wheelie bins to and from our customers, domestic and commercial, within the timeframe set out in our customer charter.
Job Title: Bin Delivery Supervisor
Business Unit: BNM Recycling
Reporting to: Transport & Fleet Manager
Location: BNM Recycling Portlaoise
HR Contact: Cora Kinnarney
Apply on or before: 31st May 2022
Eligibility: Public competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Supervision of a team of customer service/bin delivery reps and administrators across our collection network.
• Ensuring that work is planned and allocated in a way that is both safe and efficient and ensuring that bins are delivered or removed within the timeframes set out in our customer charter and service level agreements.
• Manage the timesheets, payroll, Commission , annual leave and rostering for the bin delivery team.
• Ensuring adequate cover is in place across all sites so that bin delivery and removal dates remain within agreed timeframes.
• Oversee the smooth onboarding of new customer signups or upgrades.
• Ensuring bins are delivered on time and that the customer is assigned to the correct route.
• Liaising with the local depot , you will work to ensure there are no first time collection failures or issues.
• You will work closely with the Transport and Fleet manager to ensure that your fleet is suitable for your current requirements and plan ahead for future requirements.
• Ensure that any vehicle defects are recorded, reported to the maintenance team and closed out in a timely manner.
• Assist the Customer Service Managers domestic and commercial with any service issues arising.
• Ensuring any service delays or changes are communicated quickly and effectively to our customers.
• You will along with the Fleet and Asset Co Ordinator, monitor and manage bin stocks across all locations ensuring a sufficient supply is in place and forecasting future requirements.
• As supervisor you will lead by example on H&S within your team. Ensuring all of your team members are inducted and trained in the role they are being asked to fulfil and have all the tools and resources required to discharge their duties safely. You will work with the H&S team to ensure all toolbox talks and safety messaging is communicated to your team.
• Lead and Performance Manage your direct report(s). Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• Minimum 2 years experience in similar role in the Waste Management / Logistics / Customer Service Industry.
• Elemos experience an advantage
• Effective interpersonal skills (verbal and written) to communicate with peers and management team.
• Good IT proficiency with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must be flexible to work across different work sections within the business.
• Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
• Experience in the waste industry a distinct advantage
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.