Commercial Strategy Manager
RECYCLING Open to Public Competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for a Commercial Strategy Manager on a permanent basis. The role will be based in BNM Recycling Newbridge and will report to the Head of Resource Recovery. The successful candidate will be a key member of the senior management team, the Commercial Manager will play a key role in targeting significant growth and new business. Responsible for leading our domestic and commercial teams to deliver the revenue and gross margin for the Business. The successful candidate should be a strategic thinker, commercially astute with excellent organisational abilities and communications skills.
Job Title: Commercial Strategy Manager
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: Head of Resource Recovery
Location: BNM Recycling Newbridge
HR Contact: Cora Kinnarney
Apply on or before: 27th May 2022
Eligibility: Public Competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Develop a commercial strategy for the waste management business that targets significant growth. Establish a sustainable profitable business model positioning the business for longer term growth which is consistent with the BU strategy. Ensure the development and maintenance of strong business relationships with each engaged client.
• Develop, implement & drive key projects within the BU to drive performance and efficiency while keeping sustainability at the forefront. Establish, develop, and lead the business development function for the Recycling business. Conduct market research & analysis to create detailed business plans on opportunities. Manage and mitigate contractual risk.
• Oversee costs & budgets through identifying budget deviations and reporting on financial progression of projects. Drive best in class operational excellence by working closely with Operations and service Delivery Manager to identify the latest technology for the business. Lead and manage sales, marketing, customer service and demand planning.
• Establish a balanced suite of KPIs/leading measures to include customer service, revenue growth, market share gain, cashflow, credit control, pricing and profitability by product, product-line, customer, and market. Partner with the senior management colleagues to provide high level financial insight and support to the business unit to optimise business performance and profitability
• Work to develop brand activation strategies for key channels and look at cost effective ways to generate consumer engagement. Take responsibility for growing the business by increasing customer presence on the portfolio and/or securing demands for new infrastructure while maximising revenue.
• As a key member of the Senior Management team, proactively use the Performance Management process as a means to support resource planning within your team and the wider organisation.
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety is compliant, in all sites and are working in accordance with the Health & Safety policy and procedures.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• Degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, or other relevant qualification
• Minimum 5 years Managerial experience
• Management level Finance Analyst
• Professional Accountancy Body
• Analytically minded, seeks out problem solving opportunities.
• Effective interpersonal skills (verbal and written) to communicate with peers and management team.
• Good IT proficiency with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint.
• Good Written and Verbal English essential.
• Must be flexible to work across different work sections within the business.
• Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
• Experience in the waste industry a distinct advantage
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.