Community Liaison Specialist
Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Community Liaison
Specialist on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge and will
report to the Communications
& Stakeholder Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting
the Renewable Energy Team with the community engagement programme across a variety
of renewable energy infrastructure projects (i.e. wind farms, battery storage,
solar farms and hydrogen projects) and at various stages of development and operation.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Meet and engage with relevant individuals and communities on a proactive and reactive basis throughout the project lifespan (i.e. from pre-planning through to Commercial Operation). to establish strong working relationships. Ensure an accurate audit trail is maintained of all community engagement and all contact/activities are recorded on stakeholder database;
- Arrange and attend meetings with technical team members and ensure feedback of responses and requests to technical teams are responded to within agreed timescales. Provide analysis and interpretation of feedback from public engagement that informs communication and engagement strategy. Act as the front line of engagement by (a) introducing the project; (b) acknowledging and recording on SharePoint queries/concerns/issues; (c) following up with answers and responses (d) facilitating ad hoc meetings of project staff with relevant groups or individuals; (e)generally ensuring compliance with Code of Practice for wind farm development and the Lobbying Act; (f) distribution of project newsletter; (g) introducing and following up on Community Gain and Near-Neighbour schemes where relevant;
- Support the organisation of and participate in public consultation events, public clinics, community engagement fora, project information office, Meet-the-Buyer events, and ad hoc community events. Support Land Title Specialist with Land Title Issues and proactively engage with registered title holders (or next of kin) to ensure project Land title area is clean;
- Support the advocacy programme for example by organising site visits for relevant groups or individuals. Support community energy outreach. Provide relevant reports to Line Manager; Supply relevant information for regular updates of Project websites; Participate in internal project specific communications meetings; support project development as required e.g. ground-truth all sensitive receptors within a defined radius of project;
- The successful candidate should have very good communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills, and be flexible in terms of availability for community engagement outside of normal hours. There is also a requirement to have high quality/good report-writing ability. Strong attention to detail. Good organisational and time-management skills. Full clean drivers’ licence is required;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Previous Community Engagement in Energy/Construction Sector is an advantage; Minimum 5 years significant experience;
- High Quality/good report writing and communications skills essential for this role. Experience of using effective communication tools and techniques. High standard of verbal and written communication skills desirable;
- Strong relationship and reputational management experience; Self-starter and flexible in terms of availability for community engagement outside of normal hours;
- Competent with common Microsoft Office software packages; Full clean driving license
- The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
Visit https://www.bordnaMóna.ie/careers/ for more information
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 04th July 2022.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.