Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Construction Manger on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Construction and Grid Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the management of the construction phase of infrastructure projects for the Renewable Energy (RE) business unit.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Deliver projects in line with Business Units strategic expansion in the provision of renewable energy and supporting flexible technology, key responsibility for the delivery of the construction phase of RE development projects, delivering commissioned and tested generation assets in line with employer’s specifications and requirements, in compliance with planning, and meeting project targets for safety, budget and programme;
- Ensure that the design, construction and commissioning of projects is completed to appropriate standards of health and safety, according to required specifications and quality standards, and meeting business case targets for budget and schedule. Ensure that all works associated with the projects comply with Bord na Mona’s Health & Safety and Environmental policies and all relevant EU and National policies and statutory requirements;
- Review and maintain bespoke project plans for each project, to include scope, budget, programme, risk register and resource plan based on the requirements of the project, and availability of appropriate resources from other functions across the business, and in the case of JV projects, from outside the business;
- Manage a review process for completed projects to determine key learnings which can be adopted for the design, procurement and construction management of future projects, ensure continuous improvement from end to end in the development cycle including in the design, procurement and construction of RE infrastructure projects to contribute to the reduction of the LCOE of future RE projects;
- Maintain appropriate reporting and governance structures to review and report the progress of projects in the construction phase, dealing with key issues on risk, resource allocation, programme and budget, including contingency and claims management; ensure liaison with all key external stakeholders as appropriate to ensure the project is delivered in accordance with various licences and permits. Ensure a proactive approach to managing community engagement in line with Bord na Móna policy is pursued on projects under management;
- Lead and Performance Manage your direct report(s). Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s objectives;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives;
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes;
- Hons Degree (Lvl 8 FETAC) in Civil Engineering or similar.
- Post Graduate (Lvl 9 FETAC) Qualifications in construction management, construction law, quantity surveying would give an advantage for this role;
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience in significant project management and construction management experience in large scale infrastructure project ;
- Significant experience of leading project teams and managing project budgets, claims management, programme management, delivery of project developer obligations in relation to environmental H&S legislation and planning compliance.
Visit https://bnmproject.sharepoint.com/sites/thehub/Pages/Current-Vacancies.aspx for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 23rd June 2021.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.