Control & Instrumentation Technician
Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Control & Instrumentation Technician a permanent basis. This role will be based in Edenderry and will report to the Automation Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for reporting to the Automation Engineer and responsible for meeting challenging maintenance, engineering, commercial, safety, environmental, quality, and personal development targets.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Take part with other team member in the maintenance of the instrumentation and Automation systems on site. Carry out preventative maintenance and respond to faults on the automation systems. Report maintenance activities to the Maintenance Management System and keep records of all other necessary quality documentation;
- Carry out preventative maintenance on the control and instrumentation systems. Carry out preventative maintenance on stack emission monitoring equipment and ensure the monitoring system is working correctly. Carry out modification to PLC controllers and DCS as required. Calibrate analytical and process instruments;
- Ensure maintenance plans and targets for the team are achieved safely, economically and within the environmental limits of the Plant. Assist with contractors to commission new projects Contact vendors or control equipment suppliers to assist with problems with plant automation;
- Carry out fault diagnosis as required. Be pro-active and creative in problem solving and initiative. Respond to operations request to check out faults on instruments and controls. Carry radio to maintain contact with operation personnel;
- Play a key role in the implementation of the Plant business Management System. Participate in the broader management of the Plant and the development of Human Resources;
- Work with other departments to ensure high quality maintenance to ensure high plant availability;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes;
- Should have appropriate Technical Qualification, Apprenticeship and/or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience is essential;
- Training as an apprentice in the field of Instrumentation and Control;
- Possess IT skills and a good knowledge of maintenance management systems.
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
Visit https://bnmproject.sharepoint.com/sites/thehub/Pages/Current-Vacancies.aspx for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 31st May 2022.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.