Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Development Engineer on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Technology Development Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting and coordinating the engineering work undertaken during the development phase of offshore wind projects in Ireland, providing support to consenting/permitting processes and land optioning while contributing to project technical definition, procurement and program delivery.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Advance and manage the development phase engineering programme, identifying all key activities required to meet key milestones (secure: MAC; planning consent; route to market; financial close). Provide regular updates of the development phase engineering programme, to assist development phase programme validity and milestone achievement. Report progress on engineering and technical work during the project development phase;
- Support project permitting, land optioning and acquisition processes by providing input on engineering and technical matters such as anticipated design parameters and construction methods. Support scoping report preparation and inputs related to the design envelope for onshore infrastructure. Actively engage with all key internal and external stakeholders as appropriate including for any necessary regulatory permits and consents to achieve project goals;
- Assess and identify the need for specialist internal and external technical support. Manage the technical aspects of procurement of specialist external support, for example drafting work scopes and undertaking coordinating technical assessment of proposals. Preparation of scopes of work for onshore and some offshore surveys as well as scopes of work for technical experts that will be supporting the concept engineering and FEED phases. Support the procurement function in initial engagement with the supply chain in connection with projects, including development of early-stage tender documentation;
- Work closely with project managers and coordinate internal and external specialist technical support to ensure project requirements are delivered on time and to budget including, for example, review of desktop studies, early site surveys and review of the new Irish marine plan;
- Ensure appropriate engineering governance is put in place for aspects of projects under management, including development and maintenance of a technical risk register that will be linked to the consenting risk register; and implementation of design decision and change control processes;
- Monitor offshore wind technology and policy development and ensure that this is considered in the development of projects, including identifying optimisation and cost reduction opportunities. Track and review lessons learned from wider offshore wind sector projects and ensure these are taken into consideration at planning and engineering design phase;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (MEng or equivalent); Minimum of 5 years’ experience within the onshore/offshore wind or maratime sector is desirable. Experience in the development phase of projects is preferred);
- Strong communication, reporting and interpersonal skills; Strong organisational skills;
- A self-starter who can work on their own initiative; Strong influencing and negotiation skills; Design process management;
- Proven engineering and project management skills; Proficient in MS Office software and MS Project
- The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
Visit https://www.bordnaMóna.ie/careers/ for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.