RECYCLING Open to Public Competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for an RCV Driver on a permanent basis. The roles will be based in BNM Recycling Navan and will report to the Operations & Planning Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for the collection / delivery of waste through driving various collection vehicles, mainly Artic & Tipper, occasionally Rigid, Hook Loader, Chain-Lift, or Refuse Collection Vehicle.
Job Title: RCV Driver
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: Operations & Planning Supervisor
Location: BNM Recycling Navan
HR Contact: Carol Young
Apply on or before: 31st January 2023
Eligibility: Public Competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• The collection of various waste streams from multiple site locations across the route network. Applicants will possess all relevant cards, CPC and licenses.
• Successful candidate should be well organised and have a professional attitude towards delivering good customer service
• Responsible for ensuring your company vehicle is safe and meets all regulatory standards. Completing daily checks and the beginning and end of each shift and reporting any defects via your handheld device to your line manager Comply with all company policies and initiatives to ensure safe operation and efficient operation of company vehicles (i.e. fuel efficiency).
• Relevant paperwork / debriefs to be completed on a daily basis. Be a good team player with a willingness to be flexible in the role. AES operates a varied fleet of RCVs, skip trucks, hook loaders, rigids, artics, vans. Clocking in/out on each day of work. Operative will be punctual in terms of route start time.
• Maintain/aid in maintaining all allocated company vehicles and property in a safe, clean and roadworthy condition to ensure the maximum safety of the drivers, occupants and other road users, and to reduce the potential impacts of company vehicles on the environment.
• Act professionally and courteously with all colleagues and members of the public.
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• Minimum 1-2 years Transport/Waste Industry experience
• CE License
• Manual Handling & Safe Pass an advantage
• Good Written and Verbal English essential.
• Must be flexible to work across different work sections within the business.
• Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
• Manual Handling experience
• Experience in the waste industry a distinct advantage
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.