BNM Recycling ( Open to Public Competition )
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for a Driver x 2 on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Drogheda and will report to the Transport Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving and operating of Rigid trucks collecting tyres and recycling bales from AES customers as required. Will also include from time to time the collection of wheelie bin waste from AES customers, through driving an RCV (refuse collection vehicle) with helpers emptying bins on designated routes.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- The collection of various waste streams from multiple customer locations across the route network. Applicants will possess all relevant cards, CPC and licenses;
- Responsible for operatives while on Truck runs, ensuring work is completed in a safe and professional manner – collections done, using good work practices and manual handling techniques, and returned to a safe position / Location in line with AES guidelines on bin positioning;
- Complete route sheets as well as vehicle safety checks on a daily basis. Comply with all company policies and initiatives to ensure safe operation and efficient operation of company vehicles (i.e. fuel efficiency);
- Maintain all allocated company vehicles and property in a safe, clean and roadworthy condition to ensure the maximum safety of the drivers, occupants and other road users, and to reduce the potential impacts of company vehicles on the environment;
- Relevant paperwork / debriefs to be completed on a daily basis. Includes using digital dockets as required by company policy;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public;
- Act professionally and courteously with all colleagues and members of the public;
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes;
- Hold a C Licence;
- Minimum 2 years experiences;
- FAS Safe Pass / Manual Handling;
Visit https://bnmproject.sharepoint.com/sites/thehub/Pages/Current-Vacancies.aspx for more
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 10th August 2021.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.