(Open to public competition)
Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for an Electrical Engineer on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Grid Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and managing electrical engineering works, provide expertise in the areas of project specification, design, design review, procurement, construction management and performance testing of Electrical infrastructure and services associated with Bord na Mona projects.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Provide professional, cost effective and value adding electrical engineering services within Renewable Energy Business Units. The candidate should possess a strong knowledge of renewable energy and practical experience of managing connections to the Irish transmission system, and be well-versed in current Irish grid connection policy and regulation;
- Lead the delivery of project electrical engineering works and services. Manage the interaction with system operators & asset owners, electrical & civil contractors, other contractors, and project stakeholders. Actively attend and participate in team, site, and design meetings, to ensure projects are delivered on-time, on-budget and in line with statutory Health and Safety requirements. Lead and co-ordinate project energisations and construction related grid outages and manage grid code compliance testing associated with any new HV installation required to demonstrate compliance under the terms of its connection agreement;
- Lead engineering and optioneering processes of potential grid connection solutions for Renewable Energy projects. Prepare and procure analysis of the Irish Transmission system to identify the most feasible commercial grid connection options for Bord na Mona projects. Identify and apply Grid Code requirements to grid connection solutions, disseminate changes to Grid Code and connection policy to Renewable Energy Projects;
- Review and / or prepare technical project, tender and contract documentation to monitor, control and reduce cost. Monitor and analyse all elements of design, manufacture, processing, construction, operation, and maintenance to ensure delivery of Bord na Mona project requirements, including meeting obligations under any associated grid connection agreements. Identify and co-ordinate all stakeholders throughout project and service delivery to ensure that project and service key performance indicators are achieved. Enable sufficient, timely and appropriate information exchange between all stakeholders throughout project / service development and delivery to ensure that deliverables and KPI’s are understood and any risks or opportunities are monitored and reviewed to achieve the best project / service results. Monitor against the project plan and take remedial action to recover project overruns to ensure cost effective professional engineering services are delivered;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health, Safety and Welfare of themselves, fellow employees, and members of the public. Identify, understand, and apply all Health & Safety legislation and regulatory requirements as a fundamental element of any construction design or undertaking ensuring safety of employees and members of the public during construction, testing, commissioning, and operation;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Hons Degree (Lvl 8 FETAC) in Electrical Engineering essential; Post-graduate (Lvl 9 FETAC) qualification in a relevant discipline would be an advantage for this role;
- Relevant experience in the design, planning, specification of HV electrical installations associated with the connection of large-scale generation assets to the transmission network, HV underground cable experience desirable;
- Siginificant technical experience of HV electrical design and consenting of 110/220/400 kV infrastructure, HV cable (≥ 110 kV) experience, verifying / approving third party design, contract Management, financial / cost management and project management required;
- Excellent technical report writing and communications skills essential; Proficient in AutoCAD and PSSE or other similar electrical design software would be an advantage.
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
Visit https://bnmproject.sharepoint.com/sites/thehub/Pages/Current-Vacancies.aspx for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 25th May 2020.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.