Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Edenderry and will report to the Maintenance Manager. The Plant is maintained by small core teams, each managed by a Maintenance Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for meeting challenging maintenance, engineering, commercial, safety, environmental, quality and personal development targets.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Manage the electrical maintenance function to achieve maximum plant availability, efficiency and safe systems of work. Procurement of appropriate spare parts and services to enable long term asset availability, in line with budget and operation of a maintenance management system. Perform long term maintenance planning on eplant electrical equipment;
- Lead their team and give direction to Maintenance Technicians and liaise with other Plant teams to achieve objectives;
- Ensure maintenance plans and targets for the team are achieved safely, economically and within the environmental limits of the Plant;
- Carry out fault diagnosis as required. Be pro-active and creative in problem solving and initiative;
- Play a key role in the implementation of the Plant business Management System. Participate in the broader management of the Plant and the development of Human Resources;
- Maintain interfaces with the owners, other interested parties, legal authorities, suppliers and contractors. Liaise with the Electricity supply authority on issues such as maintenance outages and reliability of supply;
- Ensure all maintenance work is carried out in a safe manner. Ensure the permit to work system is used and kept up to date for all maintenance activities. Promote a safe pace and system of work;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
- Lead and Performance Manage your direct report(s). Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Appropriate technical qualifications (B.Sc. or equivalent). Trained in High Voltage switching and familiarity with Telemessing;
- Minimum 5 years experience;
- Level 8 qualification or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering, Possess IT skills and a good knowledge of the maintenance management system, including planning of preventative maintenance and reporting.
Visit https://www.bordnamona.ie/careers/ for more
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.