(Open to public competition)
Our Land & Habitats Business Unit currently
has a need for an Electrician on
a two-year fixed term basis. This role will be based in Derrygreenagh and will
report to the Area Leader Asset Management.
successful candidate will work to ensure smooth, efficient, and safe operation
of the electrical equipment at the Edenderry Power Fuel Handling Plant.
role will also involve the maintenance and repair of construction, rail and
agricultural plant and equipment.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Maintenance, repair and overhaul of plant, equipment and facilities involved in the Peat Climate Action Scheme (PCAS) and Peat operations to ensure maximum availability and reliability.
• Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure intake and delivery of fuel meets customers requirement.
• Carry out work to recognised maintenance standards, job plans in accordance with Asset Management processes and procedures.
• Contribute to asset management and asset care team insuring maintenance request are met.
• Respond to requests for service and carry out additional repairs to machinery and equipment identified as being necessary to meet operational requirements.
• Ensure safe and efficient delivery of Biomass / Peat fuel to EPL.
• Participate and assist with Environmental, Health and safety activities and monitor the compliance.
• Carry out electrical inspections as required
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises.
• Will be required to work outside of normal working hours to support operations, weekend working and call out system support.
• Work on continuous improvement initiatives and lean systems of operation.
• All use of company vehicles and plant to be done in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Proactively participate in the wider Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
• Qualified Electrician
• 4 years post apprenticeship experience
• Industrial electrical maintenance experience with strong mechanical aptitude
• Candidate will be required to work as part of a multidisciplinary team as well as have ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to read and understand electrical drawings and diagrams
• Supervision experience desired but not essential
• Experience/knowledge of the following is desired:
- Control Wiring Systems
- Fault finding and rectification
- PLC/SCADA (Mitsubishi / Siemens PLC experience a distinct advantage)
- Variable speed drives o Automotive, Construction Plant, Agricultural Electrical 12V/ 24 V, CANBUS, diagnostics etc.
- System Installation o Commissioning and Testing to current electrical standards
- Electrical safety procedures, lockout / tagout. o Asset Management System (Maximo).
- Substation / powerline (MV Switching).
- In depth knowledge of National Rules for Electrical Installations
- Emergency Safety Systems including safety relays, light curtains, and safety devices.
- Microsoft Applications such as Word and Excel
- Data Networks and Communication Technologies
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
Visit https://www.bordnamona.ie/careers/overview/ for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 29th October 2021
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.