Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for an Engineering Manger on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Construction and Grid Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the management of the pre-construction phase of infrastructure projects for the Renewable Energy (RE) business unit.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Manage the delivery of the infrastructure design process for projects in the development phase, ensure timely engineering inputs are provided for projects in planning or procurement, including internal road design, foundation design, drainage design, haul route analysis and optimisation, interpretation of SI, work jointly with grid manager in relation to incorporation of project grid connection design and optimisation;
- Ensure that project design is completed to the appropriate standards of health and safety, according to required specifications and quality standards, and meeting the required project planning submission schedule. Ensure that all works associated with the projects comply with Bord na Mona’s Health & Safety and Environmental policies and all relevant EU and National policies and statutory requirements;
- Manage the engineering team’s delivery of the technical aspects of the planning and commercial development phase of project delivery, including procuring appropriate SI, survey and construction related licences, generation of appropriate ER for works and technical aspects of the procurement and contract negotiation process;
- Collaborate with the commercial and grid team in the technical development of new commercial opportunities in the area of flextech and other opportunities aimed at increasing the flexibility of the grid to dispatch higher levels of renewable electricity;
- Develop a review process for completed projects to determine key learnings which can be adopted for the design, procurement and construction management of future projects, ensure continuous improvement from end to end in the development cycle including in the design, procurement and construction of RE infrastructure projects to contribute to the reduction of the LCOE of future RE projects;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
- Lead and Performance Manage your direct report(s). Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s objectives;
- The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes;
- Hons Degree in Civil Engineering or similar.
- Postgraduate Masters in Engineering or similar would be an advantage for this role.;
- Minimum 7 years significant engineering and construction management experience in large scale infrastructure projects;
- Significant experience of managing a design team working across multiple projects at various stages of development, proven capability of leading a design team, previous programme management experience.
Visit https://bnmproject.sharepoint.com/sites/thehub/Pages/Current-Vacancies.aspx for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 23rd June 2021.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.