Recycling Open to public competition
Our BNM Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for an Environmental Officer on a permanent basis. The role will be based in our office at Bord na Móna Recycling – Portlaoise and will report to the Environmental Compliance Manager. The successful candidate will ensure that all Bord na Mona Recycling sites within the designated area for this role stay in compliance with all environmental statutory and corporate regulations. Designated Area; Silliot Hill, Athy, Portlaoise, and Nenagh. Also, any third-party transfer facilities used by Bord na Mona Recycling within this general waste collection area.
Job Title: Environmental officer
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: Environmental Compliance Manager
HR Contact: Carol Young
Apply on or before: December 30th 2022
Eligibility: Open to public
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Management of designated waste / IE licences in order to ensure compliance to the highest possible level, to include the preparation of the annual returns required (including Annual Environmental Reports) required for NWCPO, EPA & various Local Authorities.
• Undertake weekly on-site and desk-top environmental audits at all Bord na Mona Recycling facilities under the remit of this role, as well as at third-party facilities as required.
• Ensure findings of audits are reported clearly and accurately to facility personnel and senior management, while also stored on a central compliance system to monitor progress towards their resolution.
• Proactively assist facilities in the implementation of any required corrective actions as required.
• Liaison with external agencies (i.e. EPA, Local Authorities, and NCPWO) and attendance at meetings. Monitoring the quality and performance of third-party waste services. Assistance to commercial and domestic sales teams where necessary.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining the environmental, quality and energy documentation, as well as systems within the company.
• Develop standard operating procedures.
• Proactively assist with central document control.
• Management of environmental budgets assigned for your designated area.
• Assisting with ongoing training requirements.
• Assist in the implementation and management of environmental, quality, energy, and CSR ISO systems.
• Liaising and management of specialist contractors and internal departments in regards with permit/licence applications, as necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• Minimum 3 years of similar experience essential
• Relevent Degree in Environmental or Science essential. ArcMAP experience desirable
• Ability to work within a collaborative team environment with experience working with people in various levels in an organisation.
• Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills resulting in the ability to deliver a clear, concise message.
• Highly organized, driven, with good time management skills and a logical approach, able to prioritise workload and excellent attention to detail.
• Be innovative in your approach to work and possess the ability to network effectively
• Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the Job Advert
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.