Finance Analyst – Graduate
(Open to public competition)
Renewable Energy are looking to recruit Graduates into the Finance Team to help assist with overall business activities and business development efforts. This role within Finance Team provides Graduate with a wide experience across the business both operations & development with a lot of exposure to the dynamic markets we operate in envisaged. The successful graduate will assist with Management Accounts and Financial Reporting for the Renewables division. Followed by a rotation to electricity markets, (I SEM) settlement & verification role as well as working with the wider finance team. This structured programme will give you the opportunity to gain valuable experience, insights and develop your career in Finance over the next 2 years.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Assist in preparation of month end accounts and balance sheet reconciliations/CFC’s togehter with related financial analysis. Ensure the integrity and accuracy of accounts are maintained at all times given the high number (> 20) of legal entities and related consolidations required. Assist in equivalent controls are maintained for our JV entities where in several cases we are responsible for the provision of financial controller services to the business on behalf of all shareholders.
- Assist preparation of financial reports for Senior Management Team meetings augmenting the KPI dashboard with additional unit specific operational KPIs. Report variances on individual cost centres. Work in partnership with budget owners/KPI owners to identify the root cause of underperformance and then take rectifying actions to bridge actuals back to budget.
- Assist preparation of market & Refit/RESS records for both statutory and regulator audit to ensure the business qualifies for the correct level of Refit/RESS payment. Be proficient in the key market operation/support systems including SQL, ECC, I SEM & other, leveraging these to ensure strong information flows to the business. Monitor & record hourly, daily, weekly, monthly & annual electricity generation by business & generation type in order to determine/calculate the correct revenue type applicable particularly Refit/RESS backed wind & thermal renewable generation across our generation fleet. Monitor required market collateral versus actual to ensure we are market compliant and ensure that required payments to the market are processed by FSS.
- Assist in accounting for Development projects and Projects under Construction taking account of the stage of project progression and recording of both invoiced and non invoiced work as well as Retention amounts at the later stages of project rollout. Ensure that VAT, PSWT, RCT, Electricity Tax and Tax Registration documentation/activities run smoothly particularly relating to supplier & contractor interfaces recognising when RCT and or PSWT needs to be applied to transactions.
- Given the wide spread of operational assets and development projects, assist in any other finance duties in the wider Renewables team particularly re interaction with the I SEM and Refit/RESS reporting. Participate in Continuous improvement projects as required on an adhoc basis. Track & Report on relevant metrics & KPI’s.
- Develop positive working relationships with the Finance team and wider Renewables and Lean Centre teams. Communicate effectively within and across teams taking account that strong teamwork is essential to achievement of optimal business performance.
- Ensure Environmental, Health & Safety management systems are followed. All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Third level Accounting/Business qualification and/or or part qualified accountant with intention to fully qualify
- Full training will be provided but some experience is a benefit.
- Management Accounts preparation experience as well as oracle system experience is a benefit. However, this will be part of the training programme.
- IFRS knowledge will be a feature of the programme.
- Good IT proficiency as well as good communication skills are important attributes.
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
Visit https://www.bordnamona.ie/careers/ for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 31st October 2021.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.