Finance Development Lead
RENEWABLE ENERGY Open to Public Competition
Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Finance Development Lead on a Specified Purpose Contract to cover maternity leave and other related leave. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Finance Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Finance Manager and broader Renewable Energy (RE) team in successfully achieving the future growth targets of the Business Unit. The role will be responsible for all financial control, reporting, budgeting, and planning for the €1.6bn Renewable Energy pipeline through the entire project lifecycle including initial preplanning, procurement, auction, construction, and commercial operations. The role will also have responsibility for the broader budgeting and forecasting requirements of the RE business unit.
Job Title: Finance Development Lead
Business Unit: Renewable Energy
Reporting to: Finance Manager
HR Contact: Yvonne Burke
Apply on or before: 27th October 2021
Eligibility: Public Competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Work with the Finance Manager and broader RE management team in planning and delivering the RE project pipeline in line with the 10 year corporate plan targets, Ensure alignment between the project teams and the Group 10 year plan in relation to timelines, CAPEX, OPEX and Revenue assumptions.
• Work with the RE management team in the decision-making processes around the emerging strategic business opportunities in the renewable energy sector with responsibility for all associated financial analysis.
• Work with the Finance Manager and broader RE management team in delivering the annual plans. Support the wider RE team in preparing these financials. Manage the business’ information flow to and from the Lean Centre Finance Team; Lookahead, KPI, BICC & Statutory Reporting.
• Provide the financial services to the JV operations under construction as required under agreements in a secured financial control environment. Report on the JV operations to the RE Finance Manager.
• Ownership of all financial control elements associated with the projects under construction including ; lender interface, lender consent processes, funding drawdowns, covenant reporting, project cost control, project cost forecasting, contractor payments and claims, debt costs analysis, SWAP reporting, management accounts, statutory accounts and project Board reporting.
• Proactively engage with internal and external stakeholders, tailoring communications and in particular financial information in such a manner so as to ensure that it is clearly understood by the intended audience.
• Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• Professional Accountancy Qualification is required.
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in the Energy Infrastructure area.
• Oracle, MS Office knowledge essential.
Visit http://www.bordnamona.ie/careers/application-process-at-bord-na-mona/ for more
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 27th October 2021.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.