Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Grid Manger on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Construction and Grid Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the business unit approach to all aspects of securing access for Renewable Energy infrastructure project to the transmission or distribution grids and maximising the commercial return from our existing and potential future grid connection assets.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Develop and implement a strategy to assess the potential for the connection of Bord na Mona Renewable Energy generation projects to the national grid, in compliance with the prevailing and evolving Enduring Connection Policy (ECP). Evaluate acquisition opportunities for projects with grid connections, with respect to the potential to relocate and/or change technology where allowed under prevailing connection policy. Identify, in conjunction with the commercial team, future system services and the electrical performance characteristics for the proposed generation technology for prospective development projects to maximise the potential commercial return from the development pipeline;
- Establish key relationships with the Transmission System Operator and Distribution Operator to gain insights into the development and implementation of SO connection policy, the evolution of Grid Code and the management of Grid connection agreements. Represent Bord na Mona interests in the areas of grid connection and grid code policy through industry representative organisations, such as IWEA, ISEA etc, including where appropriate taking up active roles with working groups and committees;
- Preparation and management of the budget for the area under the remit of the Grid Delivery manager and in conjunction with the relevant Project Manager, for the relevant parts of the capital budgets for HV and MV electrical infrastructure associated with Bord na Mona Renewable Energy projects. Provide either direct support, or via line supervision of direct reports, appropriate resourcing and support for project teams involved in the planning, procurement and construction management of projects which include a HV/MV electrical engineering requirement;
- Participate in the assessment of third party M&A opportunities under consideration by the Renewable Energy Development business unit, with a particular responsibility for advising on the assessment and/or due diligence of any electrical engineering and/or grid connection associated with the project(s)Participate in the assessment of third party M&A opportunities under consideration by the Renewable Energy Development business unit, with a particular responsibility for advising on the assessment and/or due diligence of any electrical engineering and/or grid connection associated with the project(s);
- Ensure that the procurement of third party services for projects and services relating to HV electrical infrastructure or consultant services are carried out in compliance with company procurement guidelines, and monitor and evaluate the performance of principle consultants with respect to their use on future projects. Ensure that all works carried out under your remit comply with Bord na Mona’s Health & Safety and Environmental policies and all relevant EU and National policies and statutory requirements;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
- Lead and Performance Manage your direct report(s). Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes;
- Hons Degree in Electrical Engineering.;
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline would be an advantage for this role;
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience in the design, specification, supervision of installation and testing of HV and MV electrical installations associated with the connection of large-scale generation assets to the transmission and distribution networks;
- Significant technical expertise in the areas of HV and MV electrical infrastructure. The role will require an in-depth knowledge of Irish Grid Code requirements for new and existing generation plants, and an ability to commercially evaluate opportunities for the provision of Ancillary Services from current and future Renewable Energy projects;
Visit https://bnmproject.sharepoint.com/sites/thehub/Pages/Current-Vacancies.aspx for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 23rd June 2021.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.