HEAD OF SAFETY Lean Centre(Open to Public Competition) Bord na Móna currently has a need for an Interim Head of Safety on a fixed Term Contract. This role is responsible for monitoring and driving Health & Safety compliance across Bord Na Mona.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include but is not limited to the following
- Monitor and drive compliance with the Bord Na Móna Safety Strategy Plan. Draft, consult and monitor annual Safety Strategy Plan. Develop and deliver weekly, monthly and quarterly safety performance reports.
- Joint and independent H&S Inspections and audits as required. Lead, monitor and verify central H&S Inspections, H&S accident, and incident investigations and CAPA reporting systems across the organisation.
- Identify, implement, and maintain existing and new (as required) H&S Policies and processes. Manage systems to verify implementation of and compliance with new policies and legislation within all Business Units. Chair weekly H&S Team meetings.
- Responsibility for internal and external Health & Safety Communications e.g. corporate safety messages, alerts and Newsletters.
- In conjunction with the H&S teams in all Business Units, ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory approvals, permissions, and licenses.
- Liaise with Procurement on Lean Centre driven Tenders, Frameworks, and projects.
- Act as the primary H&S point of contact with our key external stakeholders including but not limited to Local Authorities, HSA, RSA, IBEC etc.
- Management of the Bord Na Móna Corporate Covid-19 RA and Response Plan as required.
- Provide H&S Support, including training management to meet corporate and the Newbridge Head office Complex requirements.
- Provide central support to Business Units during external audits.
- Manage the central H&S Budget. Liaise and action outputs in consultation with Internal Audit recommendations.
- Manage and lead corporate driven H&S Programmes.
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Hons Degree (Level 8) in Health and Safety. Membership of the Institute of Occupational Health & Safety.
- 5 years at senior management level with proven experience of influencing senior and line management in relation to their responsibilities regarding Compliance policies.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, coaching and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships with all stakeholders.
- Strong practical knowledge and application of Health and Safety regulations & ISO systems
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.