IT Project Manager – Governance
(Open to public competition)
Bord na Móna currently has a need for an IT Project Manager Governance on a Permanent Contract. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the IT Technology & Solutions Manager. This role is to define and provide strategic project governance across the organisation for all IT projects. The role will ensure that all IT projects are managed in a consistent manner and be compliant with the appropriate governance, whether managed in the devolved business unit or directly by IT in the Lean Centre. The role will also be required to manage projects directly as and when required.
Job Title: IT Project Manager – Governance
Business Unit: Lean Centre
Reporting to: IT Technology & Solutions Manager
Location: Newbridge (Hybrid Model)
Duration: Permanent Contract
HR Contact: Sarah Reilly
Eligibility: Public Competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Ensure that all business units and lean centre submit annual IT project roadmap and business case aligned to the business unit or corporate strategy.
- Define the governance framework for the management of all IT projects whether managed in the business unit or in the lean centre.
- Ensure resource management is consolidated for IT managed services or internal resource in line with the various project roadmaps to ensure successful project delivery.
- Monitor overall performance of IT projects across the devolved organisation and report status and progress to the IT Governance Board.
- Manage projects directly when the need arises. Provide leadership and oversight on various projects of a complex nature, responsible for planning, developing, and executing projects including scope, goals and deliverables. Manage projects strictly to timelines and budget agreed with the business to the highest quality.
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises
- Lead and Performance Manage your direct report(s). Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Minimum 5+ experience working in IT
- Bachelor’s degree in IT is required
- Experience in ITIL Service Delivery
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
Visit https://bnmproject.sharepoint.com/sites/thehub/Pages/Current-Vacancies.aspx for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 30th September 2022
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.