Junior Legal Executive
Land & Habitats
Land & Habitats Business Unit within the Bord na Mona Group currently has a
need for a Junior Legal Executive on a 1-year fixed term basis. The successful candidate will provide support
to the conveyancing legal team and the business in the delivery of its business
strategy, in particular the provision of the land title registration project
and Rights of Way registration project.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Ensure the delivery of a consistent, effective and efficient legal service to support the delivery of the business strategy.
• Provide due diligence feedback to the Land & Habitats Legal Services Manager on the position of the conveyancing file to include title, rights of way, turbary and easements.
• Responsible for the preparation and lodgement of applications for First Registration with the Property Registration Authority, dealing with any queries raised and working proactively to complete registrations in a timely fashion. Draft licence agreements, support and assist the Conveyancing and Legal Services Manager in the sale and purchase of commercial lands, drafting contracts for sale, requisitions on title, transfers and conveyancing deeds.
• Actively participate in the negotiation of all conveyancing transactions both commercial and non-commercial. Take a proactive role in finding solutions to overcome obstacles and in the management and mitigation of risks. Draft and review all conveyancing agreements. Actively participate in the In-House title review conveyancing project and any other assigned projects relating to the Company’s land bank. Liaise with all key internal & external stakeholders as appropriate and support the delivery of these projects in line with the Company’s business units.
• Advise the business on legal issues affecting all aspects of its property activities and recommend appropriate courses of action and assist with the delivery of all associated legal work streams; assess governance requirements and obtain necessary approvals; draft appropriate documents and provide advice on general corporate governance issues
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises.
• Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Law Degree or Legal Studies Diploma
- Mid or Top Tier firm or In-House experience desirable with significant experience in conveyancing matters and title registration is a pre-requisite
- Experience working in teams in a project focused environment and achieving all legal and governance aspects of large projects/transactions
- Career evidence of excellence in team working, talent management, personal integrity, operational excellence and lean principles
- Proficiency in the use of document management and time recording systems
Visit https://www.bordnamona.ie/careers/overview/ for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.