Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Legal Executive on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Legal Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for proactively assisting the Legal Manager in the provision of legal services both commercial and non-commercial for the operational assets, strategic projects, business development, transactions, and general Renewable Energy Business activities. The successful candidate will also support the Renewable Energy Business Unit in the provision of general legal advice and services to facilitate the achievement of its commercial and strategic goals.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Work with the Legal Manager to manage the legal conveyancing and commercial work stream of strategic projects and transactions to deliver the project or transaction in line with the Business Unit’s objectives. Take a proactive role in finding solutions to overcome obstacles and in the management and mitigation of risks;
- Actively participate in the In-House title review conveyancing project and liaise with all key internal stakeholders relating to the Company’s land bank. Draft and review all conveyancing agreements in relation to the renewable projects, to include leases, licences, option agreements, wayleaves, contracts for sale, requisitions on title, transfers and subsequent stamping and registration in the PRA;
- Work with the Legal Manager to advise the Business Unit on legal issues affecting all aspects of their commercial activities, to include commercial contracts. Assist with the drafting and review of commercial agreements and liaise with external counsel on specialist matters where required;
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with legal colleagues in other Business Units to share information and ensure consistency of approach on legal related matters;
- Ensure liaison with all key internal and external stakeholders including liaising with external counsel as appropriate to ensure that projects or transactions are delivered in accordance with timelines and objectives;
- Support with and complete ad hoc requests as required. Participate in projects and maintain and update project plans as required;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives;
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Law Degree or Legal Studies Diploma; Minimum of three years post qualification experience in a similar role;
- Career evidence of excellence in team working; Personal integrity and operational excellence;
- MS Office Suite – familiarity with Legal Case Management Systems an advantage;
- Good organisational and administration skills; Excellent attention to detail is required;
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
Visit https://bnmproject.sharepoint.com/sites/thehub/Pages/Current-Vacancies.aspx for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 15th December, 2022.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.