Lough Boora Discovery Park Visitor Experience LeadLand & Habitats
The Land & Habitats Business Unit within the Bord na Mona Group currently has a need for a Lough Boora Discovery Park Visitor Experience Lead on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will manage the visitor services function of Lough Boora Discovery Park through direct management of the visitor centre, service providers and wider park environs, while taking advantage of the increasing visitor numbers and to develop and enhance the quality, brand image and profitability of all entities that cater for visitors. They will ensure effective links to the tourism business community of Offaly, IAE, IHH and the wider Midlands region, develop Lough Boora Discovery Park and Visitor Centre as a commercial enterprise, increase visitor numbers and revenue, seek appropriate avenues of funding and investment and oversee and grow the retail function.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Develop business plans to ensure an exceptional standard of visitor experience and customer care for Lough Boora Discovery Park. Ensure effective links to the tourism business community of Offaly, Irelands Ancient East, Irelands Hidden Heartlands and the wider Midlands region. Develop a strategy to expand and grow visitor numbers, retail offering and associated revenue. Develop opportunities for events by agreeing and implementing a market strategy including onsite service providers as well as other tour operators across the region.
• Ensure an exceptional standard of visitor experience and customer care. Ensure all signage, information leaflets and reception areas are well presented and comply with Brand guidelines. Use all available customer / staff feedback to deliver improvements in service and care. Respond to all Visitor Experience comments, regularly reviewing to identify areas of improvement. Provide a welcome to coach/group visits and ensure that everything possible is done to make their visit a memorable success.
• Proactively participate in the preparation of Discovery Park budget, project budgets, KPI’s and resource plans. Monitor against budgets and plans and take remedial actions to ensure targets are achieved. Prepare and review reports, including project progress, cost, weekly updates, time management and KPI’s. Manage operating and project budgets to ensure efficient use of financial resources, effectively seek opportunities for external funding to support the future development of Lough Boora Discovery Park. Manage the internal banking and cash reconciliation process, adhering to company guidelines and policies. Take responsibility for all ticketing, admissions and merchandising.
• Co-ordinate all stakeholders throughout project and service delivery including Visitor Experience Staff, Health & Safety Department, other operational disciplines and third-party service providers to ensure that project and service key performance indicators are achieved. Undertake regular site inspections, noting areas of concern and implementing any required works. Supervise estate management works and activities on site, ensuring works are completed in accordance with specification.
• Work with Communications support to continuously develop effective promotion and publicity for Lough Boora via the website and social media. Represent the Parklands at shows and events to support and develop public engagement, including occasional evening and weekend working.
• Recruit, train and manage the performance of all Visitor Experience Staff, ensuring a pool of guides proficient in the site developed tour offering are readily available to provide tours as required. Through delegation and example, encourage teamwork while emphasising the importance of individual responsibility. Foster open, effective and appropriate communication on work related issues between staff.
• Will be required to work outside normal working hours during peak season
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using Lough Boora Discovery park. Identify, understand and apply all Health & Safety legislation and regulatory requirements ensuring safety of employee’s and members of the public.
• Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- NFQ Level 7/8 Degree in Tourism, Marketing or Business
- 5+ years post graduate experience in the Tourism industry
- Excellent communication skills required
- Team management experience is required
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and MS Project
- Strong creative thinker with track record of developing new products and revenue streams with a focus on customer service and satisfaction
- Experience in managing and delivering projects within timescale and budget, controlling stock levels and producing financial reports
Visit https://www.bordnamona.ie/careers/overview/ for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.