Maintenance and Production Manager
RECYCLING Open to Public Competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for a Maintenance and Production Manager on a permanent basis. The role will be based in BNM Recycling Tullamore and will report to the Area Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for Identifying and implementing best practice to maximise waste processing and production, minimise commodity losses to waste output, and ensure commodity output reaches required quality levels. In conjunction with direct reports, ensure that work rotas for processing and MRF operatives are scheduled to ensure that logistics, operational and annual leave needs are met.
Job Title: Maintenance and Production Manager
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: Area Manager
Location: BNM Recycling Tullamore
HR Contact: Cora Kinnarney
Apply on or before: 30th May 2022
Eligibility: Public Competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Ensure that the MRF and yard (incl. skip repair and refurbishment work, as well as maintenance personnel) operate in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible, by actively managing day-to-day operations. This includes staff numbers, agency staff, overtime, processes and material handling, production versus targets, fuel usage and trends, 5S implementation, and all other relevant processes and activities.
• Ensuring there is sufficient quantities and quality of waste feedstock, so that incoming loads are suitable for processing, with senders informed straight away regarding contamination issues and pricing to be amended. Ensure that waste materials handling, separation and delivery to appropriate outlets are conducted an efficient and compliant manner (including pre-sorting by loading machine operators).
• Ensure that all revenue and cost control measures relevant to the yard and MRF are fully adhered to, including weighbridge traffic and ensuring waste received matches how it was categorised, access to the site, diesel access and usage, etc.
• Ensure all personnel are fully trained for their role and that all work completed is in accordance with Health and safety guidelines and practices. Ensure that all health and safety procedures and requirements relevant to the MRF and yard are fully adhered to. Any resultant staff issues to be dealt with through the relevant processes. As required; assist with undertaking and completing related operational activities as requested
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises
• Lead and Performance Manage your direct report(s). Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• Minimum 10 years Managerial experience
• Suitable experience in managing a waste facility, and operating waste segregation, processing, and baling equipment.
• Experience in achieving commodity production and quality requirements is desirable.
• Good Report Writing Skills / Proficient in MS Office
• Good Written and Verbal English essential.
• Must be flexible to work across different work sections within the business.
• Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
• Experience in the Services/ Manufacturing or Waste Industries a distinct advantage
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.