Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Maintenance Manager on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Edenderry and will report to the Thermal Plant Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the small core teams comprising of Mechanical, Electrical and Automation. The Maintenance Manager reports to the Thermal Plant Manager and carries responsibility for meeting challenging maintenance, engineering, commercial, safety, environmental, quality, and personal development targets.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Management of Edenderry & Cushaling assets to achieve maximise plant availability and efficiency in addition to advancing green initiatives including Biomass conservation in line with Bord Na Mona’s Brown to Green Strategy;
- Manage and lead the maintenance of the power plants together ensuring alignment with the Operations teams according the customer’s instructions ensuring that defined targets are achieved and the works are carried out safely, economically and within environmental and other design limits of the Plant;
- Responsible for strategic spare part management alongside with purchasing and contract management to meet the company standards and support all the operations in the company within the agreed budget. Overall responsibility for outage planning and delivery of same in a safe and timely manner;
- Play a key role in the implementation of the Plant Business Management System including co-ordinating interfaces with customer, partners, regulatory authorities, and accreditation bodies;
- Proactively participate as a member of the plant management team. Develop and implement a resource plan for the maintenance team. Develop a succession plan for the maintenance team and ensure associated people development plans are implemented. Lead the engagement planning process for the maintenance function ensuring an action plan is developed in conjunction with the team and implemented;
- Progress the ongoing development of the Maintenance team through good communication, involvement and teamwork ensuring that the team is motivated and skilled to meet the ambitious targets of the PowerGen division. Facilitate the continuing development of skills to ensure the business is resourced to deal with ongoing co-fuelling, I-SEM, business development and other challenges in a rapidly changing environment. Coach & mentor the Maintenance team in their development to achieve all aspects of maintenance in Powergen assets;
- Lead and promote a culture of Health and safety and ensure compliance with safe systems of work for employees and contractors. All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes;
- BSc in Engineering or related technical discipline;
- Minimum 5 years significant experience;
- Experience in power plant operation desirable. Excellent people management skills required.
Visit https://bnmproject.sharepoint.com/sites/thehub/Pages/Current-Vacancies.aspx for more
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 13th December 2021.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.