RECYCLING Open to Public Competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for a Mechanic on a permanent basis. The roles will be based in BNM Recycling Tullamore and will report to the MRF Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible to service and maintain plant, machinery, and vehicles at the Tullamore & Portlaoise facilities.
Job Title: Mechanic
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: MRF Manager
Location: BNM Recycling Tullamore
HR Contact: Carol Young
Apply on or before: 30th December 2022
Eligibility: Public Competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Servicing and repair a combination of fixed and mobile plant and machinery and fleet
• Set up and maintain a schedule of preventative maintenance check on all assets.
• Provide breakdown cover for fixed and mobile plant
• Maintain a clean and orderly workshop and workspace
• Engage proactively with site H&S and compliance guidelines
• Ability to learn the specific processes and equipment items used on both sites and the skill of identifying issues which could potentially lead to a breakdown in the future.
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises
• Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• Minimum 5 years Mechanical maintenance – Logistics, Haulage, Waste Management experience
• Apprenticeship complete
• Manual Handling & Safe Pass an advantage
• Good Written and Verbal English essential.
• Must be flexible to work across different work sections within the business.
• Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
• Manual Handling experience
• Experience in the waste industry a distinct advantage
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.