Offshore Grid Lead
Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for an Offshore Grid Lead on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Grid Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the grid connection strategy for Offshore wind projects, providing expertise in the areas of project specification, design, design review, procurement, construction management and performance testing of Electrical infrastructure and services associated with Bord na Mona Offshore projects.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Provide professional, cost effective and value adding electrical engineering services within Renewable Energy Business Units. The candidate should possess a strong knowledge of renewable energy and in particular practical experience of managing connections to the Irish transmission system, and be well-versed in current Irish grid connection policy and regulation;
- Lead the delivey of offshore project grid works and services. Manage the interaction with system operators & asset owners, electrical & civil contractors, other contractors and project stakeholders. Actively attend and participate in team, site and design meetings, to ensure projects are delivered on-time, on-budget and in line with statutory Health and Safety requirements. Lead and co-ordinate project energisations and construction related grid outages and manage grid code compliance testing associated with any new HV installation required to demonstrate compliance under the terms of its connection agreement. Additionally, the role will require participation in industry forums and developing responses to relevant industry consultations on behave of Bord na Móna;
- The role will have a specific emphasis on dealing with the technical and commercial issues of the Offshore grid connection process for Renewable Energy Projects. This will include, (but not be limited to) dealing with grid connection applications, grid connection modifications, provision of technical data for connection offer processing, keeping up to date and disseminating changes to Grid Code(s), Connection Policy and the Connection Application Process which are relevant to Renewable Energy Projects;
- Review and / or prepare technical project, tender and contract documentation to monitor, control and reduce cost. Monitor and engage on the development of offshore connection policy, inform the design process for onshore landing locations based on analysis of grid connection solutions, contribute to the planning and design of onshore and offshore connection infrastructure. Optimise project design to ensure delivery of Bord na Mona project requirements, including meeting obligations under any associated grid connection agreements. Lead, develop and coordinate early stage electrical network analysis and connectivity option assessments. Identify and co-ordinate all stakeholders throughout project and service delivery to ensure that project and service key performance indicators are achieved. Enable sufficient, timely and appropriate information exchange between all stakeholders throughout project / service development and delivery to ensure that deliverables and KPI’s are understood and any risks or opportunities are monitored and reviewed to achieve the best project / service results. Monitor against the project plan and take remedial action to recover project overruns to ensure cost effective professional engineering services are delivered;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health, Safety and Welfare of themselves, fellow employees, and members of the public. Identify, understand, and apply all Health & Safety legislation and regulatory requirements as a fundamental element of any construction design or undertaking ensuring safety of employees and members of the public during construction, testing, commissioning and operation.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes;
- Hons Degree (Lvl 8 FETAC) in Electrical Engineering essential;
- Post Graduate (Lvl 9 FETAC) qualification in a relevant discipline would be an advantage for this role;
- 7 years-experience managing the grid connection process for transmission connected projects in the generator or utility sector;
- Siginificant technical experience of HV electrical design and consenting of 110/220/400 kV infrastructure, HV cable (≥ 110 kV) experience, verifying / approving third party design, contract Management, financial / cost management and project management required.
- Excellent technical report writing and communications skills essential. Proficient in AutoCAD and PSSE or other similar electrical design software would be an advantage.
Visit https://bnmproject.sharepoint.com/sites/thehub/Pages/Current-Vacancies.aspx for more
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 31st December 2021.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.