Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for an Operations Engineer on a 2 year fixed term contract. This role will be based in Edenderry and will report to the Production Controller. The successful candidate will be responsible for the operation & monitoring of electricity generating assets in the optimisation of availability, efficiency and commercial performance while maintaining long term integrity of equipment in line with strict safety, environmental and engineering standards on a shift basis.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Monitoring of thermal generating assets to optimise availability, process efficiency and compliance with environmental (IPPC) Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control licence and meet other business objectives as specified. Maximisation of ancillary services revenues by updating plant status to grid system operator, avoidance of AS penalties and assist with implementation of CI initiatives;
- ‘Authorised’ person under Permit to Work System with full responsibility for managing process safety of thermal assets using computerised permit system and the provision of a safe work environment for all maintenance activities;
- ESB high voltage safety trained (Telemess) for the coordination of safety precautions across control boundaries for the execution of maintenance tasks. Responsibility for site access/egress and security of property and first line response in emergency situation;
- Participate in the broader management of the Plant and the development of Human Resources. Carry out process fault diagnosis and reporting through the maintenance management system as required. Pro-active and creative in problem solving and initiative;
- Play a key role in the implementation, management and development of the Plants’ Business Management System. Lead and manage a shift team and give direction to Operation Technicians and liaise with other plant teams to achieve objectives;
- Maintain interfaces with the owners, other interested parties, ESB, the peat supplier, other suppliers and contractors;
- Maintain interfaces with the owners, other interested parties, legal authorities, suppliers and contractors. Liaise with EirGrid on issues such as maintenance outages and reliability of supply; Liaise with I-SEM market and commercial team to ensure economic outturn for the business;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes;
- Engineering Degree; BSc, MSc, management qualification and/or experience;
- Minimum 4 – 5 years’ experience;
- IT skills. Maintenance management systems. Heavy industry plants.
Visit https://www.bordnamona.ie/careers/ for more
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 24th September 2021.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.