Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for an Operations Technician on a 2 year fixed term contract. This role will be based in Edenderry and will report to the Operations Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the operation and monitoring of electricity generating assets in the optimisation of availability, efficiency and commercial performance while maintaining long term integrity of equipment in line with strict safety, environmental and engineering standards on a shift basis.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Monitoring of thermal generating assets to optimise availability, process efficiency and compliance with environmental (IPPC) Integrated Pollution Prevention & Control licence and meet other business objectives as specified. Maximisation of ancillary services revenues by updating plant status to grid system operator, avoidance of AS penalties & assist with implementation of CI initiatives;
- As a competent person under the Edenderry Safety ensuring health & safety systems are in compliance and assets operating in line with environmental licences, ensuring the maintenance of EPL’s hybrid status on an ongoing basis. Responsibility for site access / egress and security of property & first line response in an emergency situation;
- Operation of assets per System Operator instructions and in accordance with Integrated Single Electricity Market (I-SEM) rules to maximise commercial outturn;
- Manage the intake of deliveries, materials sampling, and sample delivery to the laboratory. Fault finding and defect recording on maintenance management systems. Assist with maintenance activities during outage or breakdown situations as required;
- Play a key role in the implementation of the Plant business Management System;
- Participate in the broader management of the Plant and the development of Human Resources;
- Maintain interfaces with the owners, other interested parties, legal authorities, suppliers and contractors. Liaise with the Electricity supply authority on issues such as maintenance outages and reliability of supply;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes;
- Electrical, mechanical or automation craft qualification, power plant / process experience;
- Recently qualified;
- IT skills.
Visit https://www.bordnamona.ie/careers/ for more
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 24th September 2021.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.