Yard / RCV Operative
BNM RECYCLING Open to public competition
Our BNM Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for a Yard / RCV Operative on a permanent contract. The role will be based from Tullamore and reporting to the Operations and Planning Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Driver with the collection of domestic and commercial waste when working as a RCV Operative and general maintenance of the yard and bin stock.
Job Title: Yard / RCV Operative
Business Unit: BNM Recycling
Reporting to: Operations and Planning Supervisor
HR Contact: Cora Kinnarney
Apply on or before: 15th October 2021
Eligibility: Open to public competition
The Role: The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Operative will empty wheelie bins as required by each “run”. Ensure that wheelie bins that are contaminated are not collected. Ensure that wheelie bins that blacklist are not collected. Ensure that wheelie bins are left back in position they were collected from.
- Aid driver in completing wheelie bin collections’. Aid relief driver so he has understanding of route to be followed. Aid the driver in reversing.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Tullamore depot in a clean and orderly fashion, including road sweeping, maintenance and litter bin stock management.
- Relevant paperwork to be completed where necessary and clocking in / out you Each Day of work.
- Show courtesy to all customers and members of the public at all times as well as work colleagues. Report any difficulties encountered with others to the line manager.
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public.
- Act professionally and courteously with all colleagues and members of the public.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Forklift license desirable but not essential
- Manual Handling experience
- Must be flexible to work across other areas, as required
- Eligibility to work in Ireland is required
- Proficiency in the English language required
- Experience in the waste industry a distinct advantage
Visit https://bnmproject.sharepoint.com/sites/thehub/Pages/Current-Vacancies.aspx for more information.
If you wish to be considered, simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 15th October 2021
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.