Planning Program Manager
Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Planning Program Manager. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Planning Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the implementation of planning and consenting strategy and managing a programme of projects into the consenting process for Renewable Energy (RE) infrastructure projects and other Bord na Móna projects, where required.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Lead the design, planning, and environmental aspects of RE development projects. Determine the strategy to Planning, Consenting and Compliance issues by keeping abreast of planning outcomes, changes in legislation, policy decisions and national and local authority development plans to maximise the potential opportunities and outcomes for the company. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to represent the wider Bord na Móna interests in the areas of planning, environmental assessment, and compliance;
- Develop in conjunction with the Stakeholder and Advocacy Manager an effective approach to the management of communications and consultation with local communities and relevant stakeholders around proposed development sites. Lead the implementation of plans for effective engagement, across the programme of projects, with key stakeholders, including all relevant statutory and non-statutory consultees relevant to the planning process for RE development projects;
- Preparation and management of the budget for the programme of planning projects agreed with the Renewable Energy Development Management Team. Establishment of appropriate cross functional project teams to manage the delivery of planning and consenting decisions for RE Development projects;
- Participate in the assessment of third party M&A opportunities under consideration by the RE business unit, with a particular responsibility for advising on the assessment and/or due diligence of any planning permissions, planning processes and environmental issues associated with the project(s).Ensure that the procurement of third party services for projects is carried out in compliance with company procurement guidelines, and monitor and evaluate the performance of principle consultants with respect to their use on future projects;
- The successful candidate should have strong people interaction and relationship building skills across multiple functions within and outside the organisation. Excellent attention to detail. Excellent organisational and time-management skills. Strong communication, research, presentation, and creative skills. Must be creative and be able to think outside the box;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises and understand and apply all Health & Safety legislation and regulatory requirements as a fundamental element of any design undertaken ensuring safety of employee’s and members of the public during construction, testing and commissioning;
- Lead and Performance Manage your direct report(s). Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Hons Degree (Lvl 8 FETAC) in Engineering, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or equivalent.;
- Post Graduate (Lvl 9 FETAC) qualification in a relevant discipline, (e.g. Environmental Science, Engineering, Planning Law) would be an advantage for this role;
- Significant experience in leading programmes and/or projects through consenting processes with particular emphasis on Renewables, Power Generation and related infrastructure;
- Significant technical expertise in the areas of infrastructure design, planning and environmental assessment or licencing;
- In depth knowledge of relevant legislation and policy in these areas;
- Programme management across a range of projects with differing priorities, risk profiles and timelines;
- Development and line management of a team of technical professionals across a range of diverse but relevant technical background.
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
Visit https: https://www.bordnaMóna.ie/careers/
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 29th December 2023.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.