Procurement Specialist (X 2)
Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for 2 x Procurement Specialists on a permanent basis. The roles will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Procurement Manager. The successful candidates will be responsible for supporting and advising the Renewable Energy business unit in any procurement undertaken by it. To assist with procurement planning and to deliver optimum value to the business unit through its engagement with third party suppliers of goods and services in a regulated environment, while continuously improving supplier performance in a manner fully compliant with procurement policy and process.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Develop procurement plan and improve procurement process for each procurement spend in the Renewable Energy business unit. Support and champion the procurement policy in the Business Unit. Contribute to the enhancement of processes and policies pertaining to procurement within the business. Proactively support, train and coach business representatives to follow same;
- Participate proactively as part of the Business Services team, continuously seeking opportunities to enhance the department. Work closely with the other teams in Renewable Energy to understand and anticipate their procurement needs and requirements. Actively participate across the Bord na Mona Group with the new ways of working with other procurement specialists in the Company. Where applicable work closely with procurement colleagues to ensure that there is common application of the Bord na Mona procurement policy and ensure that group wide procurement initiatives are implemented consistently in the Renewable Energy business unit. Collaborate with procurement colleagues in lean centre or other business units to ensure Renewable Energy requirements are fully represented in group wide procurements. Participate and positively contribute to the procurement forum across the group;
- Review and assess third party spend with team owners within the business unit and agree measures to either add value, reduce cost, reduce consumption or mitigate risk. Ensure these measures are incorporated into category and supplier strategies and review, monitor and report on their progress;
- Manage the procurement of all goods and services required in accordance with company policy and Irish and EU legislative requirements. Actively engage with key suppliers to negotiate main project contracts on favourable commercial terms which are in line with marketplace norms. Administer key project contracts and oversee the delivery of goods and services in accordance the contract terms and technical specifications set;
- In conjunction with the procurement manager develop and implement Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) system to monitor supplier performance and ensure continuous improvement and innovation embedded into the supply relationship. Work with the procurement manager to deliver on the procurement KPI’s for the business unit;
- Agree the most appropriate form of procurement process with spend owners and run procurement processes in conjunction with the spend owners. Prepare and review procurement documentation and participate fully in the negotiation with suppliers throughout the procurement process.
- Ensure compliance with shareholder guidelines, regulation and company procurement policy. Continuously improve the control environment working through individual businesses and internal audit in order to facilitate an annual procurement compliance report to the Risk & Audit committee of the Board and the Chairman’s statement of compliance to the shareholder;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
- The Person:
- Excellent knowledge procurement policy / regulation and leading SRM practice/ etenders experience essential;
- 4 years Procurement / Category Management.
The selection process for theses role will include candidates screening from applications.
Visit https://bnmproject.sharepoint.com/sites/thehub/Pages/Current-Vacancies.aspx for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 23rd June 2021.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.