Recycling Public Competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for a Production Supervisor on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Lusk and will report to the Operations Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising operations associated with transfer shed, yard, civic amenity and loads despatch to improve yard operations efficiency while meeting all health and safety and environmental requirements.
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: Operations Manager
HR Contact: Carol Young
Apply on or before: 31st of March 2023
Eligibility: Public Competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
· Supervision of yard/shed operatives. Scheduling of work rotas to ensure that logistics, operational and annual leave needs are met. To drive loading shovel and diggers on site as well as acting overseeing logistical elements of bulk material loads leaving the site.
· Management of traffic entering the site area and the waste tipping sheds.
· Direct incoming waste to the correct tipping areas and coordinating same with Banksman. Leading by example in terms of H&S and constantly monitoring all areas of the operation surrounding vehicle movements, fixed plant operation and maintenance, cleaning operations and fire management/controls.
· Ensuring that yard operations and waste processing are managed in a manner which reduces processing costs and meets EPA requirements. Ensuring that all team members receive health & safety training and that health & safety requirements are always met .
· Participate in weekly meetings as required. Be fully engaged in and contribute to cost saving initiatives and projects at the site.
· Ensuring that all waste streams are processed and managed through correct process to maximise landfill diversion.
· Ensuring that the yard is always clean and tidy. Reporting on incoming waste and related supporting documentation, e.g. photos and feedback.
· Ensuring that the bins area emptied regularly, and that the area is safe.
· Enforcing PPE requirements across the site amongst staff and public taking a zero-tolerance approach.
· Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
· All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
· 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar role
· ECDL – Good systems knowledge
· Experience working within Waste Management / Logistics / Customer Service
· Good IT skills required
· Proficiency in the English language required
· Eligibility to work in Ireland is essential for this role
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the Job Advert
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.