Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Project Manager on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Engineering Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for working as part of the Engineering / Construction team in the provision of professional project, civil engineering and construction services to Renewable Energy and deliver assigned projects.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Project management of large-scale multi-contract wind farms and other power generation projects through the procurement, financing, construction, and commissioning phases through to full operations. Delivery of projects in line with Business Unit’s strategic expansion in the wholesale generation market or other evolving markets. In the case of joint venture (JV) projects, fulfil the role identified in the project organisation structure, as agreed between the JV partners;
- In conjunction with the project team and project owners engineer, manage the relevant engineering service providers and contractors (e.g. CBoP, OEM, etc.) to ensure that the design, construction and commissioning of projects is completed to and in compliance with appropriate standards of regulatory compliance, environment, health and safety (EHS), quality, and meet business case targets for budget and schedule;
- Manage, monitor, and report on technical, commercial, contract and other aspects of projects carried out under your remit resolving appropriately any issues that may arise. Administer key project contracts and manage the associated commercial negotiations endeavouring to minimise exposure of the company. Identify and assess risks for projects under your remit and prepare action plans to mitigate and manage any risks that materialise. Prepare and regularly update a risk register for projects under your remit;
- Liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders as required, to optimise projects and to progress projects from receipt of planning permission through auction readiness as required to full construction to achieve project and BU goals. Assist in the preparation of a robust business case for projects for ultimate board and shareholder approval. Ensure projects are delivered in accordance with various licences and permits and liaise with all key external stakeholders as appropriate achieve this. Ensure a proactive approach to managing community engagement in line with Bord na Móna policy is pursued on projects under management;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health, Safety and Welfare of themselves, fellow employees, and members of the public. Identify, understand, and apply all Health & Safety legislation and regulatory requirements as a fundamental element of any construction design or undertaking ensuring safety of employees and members of the public during construction, testing, commissioning, and operation;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Hon Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (Level 8), relevant post-graduate qualification (Level 9) would be an advantage;
- Minimum 4 years significant experience;
- Significant project management and construction management experience in large scale renewables and challenging sites;
- Civil engineering design, contract management, renewable energy development, project management, bog/peat drainage design and implementation. Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project.
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
Visit https: https://www.bordnaMóna.ie/careers/ for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 06th July 2022.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.