Project Manager (Environmental)
Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Project Manager (Environmental) on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge with flexible working and will report to the Planning Programme Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for reporting to the Planning Programme Manager and to assist with the delivery of Planning Applications including Layout / Infrastructure Design, Environmental Impact Assessment Reports and Appropriate Assessments for a variety of renewable energy infrastructure projects. Further to assist with the co-ordination of baseline environmental and constraints assessments as programmed.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Assist Senior Project Managers/Project Directors with the delivery of the design, planning and environmental assessment requirements for Renewable Energy development projects up to the point of consenting decision and any subsequent challenges to same. Manage the co-ordination of baseline environmental and constraints assessments and facilitate the interaction between project team members as required;
- Deliver in conjunction with Senior Project Managers and the Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Team as required materials for Public Consultation and/or Stakeholder Engagement events for renewable energy development projects;
- Contribute to the wider Planning Team in the review of planning/environmental related legislation and relevant planning decisions as required to establish potential implications for development projects. Assist with the preparation of relevant submissions or comments on policy/guidance documents as they arise;
- Ensure that the procurement of third- party services for projects under the planning and environmental remit are carried out in compliance with company procurement guidelines, and monitor and evaluate the performance of principle consultants with respect to their use on future projects;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises and understand and apply all Health & Safety legislation and regulatory requirements as a fundamental element of any design undertaken ensuring safety of employee’s and members of the public during construction, testing and commissioning;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Hons Degree (Level 8 FETAC) in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or equivalent; Postgraduate (Level 9 FETAC) qualification in a relevant discipline, (e.g. Environmental Science, Engineering, Planning Law) desirable but not essential; 2-5 years’ experience assisting with/inputting into planning applications and Environmental Assessment including EIAR/AA;
- Experience in Energy/Renewables and related infrastructure, or SID projects desirable but not essential; Reporting into Planning Programme Manager and liaising with all Senior Project Managers and members of the wider Planning Team, as required;
- Technical experience in planning and environmental impact assessment processes; Familiarity with relevant legislation and policy in these areas;
- Experience assisting with the delivery / compilation of EIAR/AA/NIS documentation for development projects; Experience working as part of a team;
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
Visit https://www.bordnaMóna.ie/careers/ for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.