BNM RECYCLING Open to Public Competition
Our Bord na Mona Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for an RCV Operative on permanent basis. The role will be based in Silliot Hill and will report to the Depot Manager. The successful candidates will be responsible for assisting the Driver with the collection of domestic waste.
Job Title: RCV Operative
Business Unit: Bord na Mona Recycling
Reporting to: Operations and Planning Supervisor
Location: Silliot Hill
HR Contact: Carol Young
Apply on or before: 29th February 2024
Eligibility: Open to public competition.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Increase service quality and market share in the serviced areas
• Operative will empty wheelie bins as required by each “run”. Ensure that wheelie bins that are contaminated are not collected. Ensure that wheelie bins that blacklist are not collected.
• Ensure that wheelie bins are left back in position they were collected from.
• Aid driver in completing commercial wheelie bin collections, as necessary. Aid relief driver so they have an understanding of route to be followed and Aid the driver in reversing.
• Relevant paperwork to be completed where necessary and clocking in/out on each day of work. Operative will be punctual in terms of route start time.
• Show courtesy to all customers and members of the public at all times as well as work colleagues. Report any difficulties encountered with others to the line manager.
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public.
• Act professionally and courteously with all colleagues and members of the public.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• Manual Handling & Safe Pass an advantage
• Must be flexible to work across other areas, as required
• Eligibility to work in Ireland is required
• Proficiency in the English language required
• Experience in the waste industry a distinct advantage
If you wish to be considered, simply click “Apply” on the job advert
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.