Bord na Móna Recycling – Open to Public Competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for a Regional Manager. The role will be one of two Regional Managers that will sit within our Operations team. The Regional Manager will be responsible for their allocated sites: Kilcullen, Portlaoise, Nenagh, Arklow, and Rosslare.
The role will report to the Head of Operations.
Job Title: Regional Manager
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Location: As specified on advert
HR Contact: Cora Kinnarney
Apply on or before: May 30th 2023
Eligibility: Open to public competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Working closely with direct reports and the broader team within the regional area. This role is responsible for delivering required financials for the waste collection area serviced, including the management of all costs in line with budget and Bord na Móna Recycling procedures. Lead operational change across the waste collection and processing area through the delivery of lean and efficient processes, KPIs and cost analysis.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Bord na Mona Recycling customers in the waste collection area receive a ‘best-in-class’ and highly efficient level of customer service, including waste collection, customer queries, bin management (deliveries, exchanges, and removals), and stock management (waste and capital equipment).
- Ensure that all activities and administration within the region operate under tight controls, and in line with company procedures and critical operational controls. This includes tracking and monitoring all costs and supplier interactions to ensure that costs are accrued timely and accurately, ensuring all vehicles, plant and machinery have all required checks completed on time, and ensuring that waste volumes are managed to ensure that there is consistency and efficiency in meeting site tonnage restrictions (as per EPA licenses).
- Lead the development, communication, and implementation of key strategic initiatives (including operational infrastructure) within the regional operations area, as well as across the broader Bord na Mona Recycling business as required from time to time.
- Ensure all waste collection activities and waste transfer / processing activities within the waste collection area operate to the highest standard of health, safety, and compliance (including employee training / environmental and incident reporting / etc.). Ensure all employees co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of themselves, colleagues, customers, and members of the public. Ensure all employee training is regularly updated in a structured format.
- Work with the business HR function to ensure that each Depot has the appropriate resources required to meet its objectives within agreed financial parameters and to maintain the financial strength of the business unit. Identify talent for promotion within the regional operations structure and put in place development plans to prepare suitable candidates (working in conjunction with HR).
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public.
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role.
- A track record of delivery of outstanding business performance and results
- Qualified to Level 8 in relevant discipline desirable.
- Effective interpersonal skills (verbal and written) to communicate with peers, direct reports, and management team.
- Career evidence of excellence in Team-Working, Talent Management, Operation Excellence and Personal Integrity
- Good Written and Verbal English essential.
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
- Experience in the Manufacturing / Waste Industry a distinct advantage.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on or before May 30th 2023.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.