Renewable Gas Senior Project Manager
Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Renewable Gas Senior Project Manager on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Technology Development Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for working as part of the commercial team in the provision of a professional project management and engineering service on renewable gas to the Renewable Energy business unit and deliver assigned projects.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Support the Technology Development Manager in the delivery of professional project and engineering services to the Renewable Energy Business Unit to meet its specified requirements. Work with the commercial team to provide specialist technical and policy expertise in support of the development of renewable gas projects with a strong focus on green hydrogen. Keep up-to-date with relevant regulatory and technical policy on renewable gas and with legislation and environmental standards and ensure systems and processes comply. Prepare preliminary designs for scoping projects and equipment selection; prepare detailed schedules of work, feasibility studies and cost estimates. In the case of joint venture or collaboration projects, fulfil the role identified in the project organisation structure, as agreed between the joint venture partners;
- Project manage the delivery of renewable energy projects from feasibility through to commercial operation through the execution of agreed project management plans to ensure all deliverables are achieved on time and within the scopes and budgets. Develop project delivery strategies appropriate to the projects and joint venture partners needs to best ensure successful project outcomes. Develop and implement detailed project management plans for each project phase to ensure projects are run in accordance with best practice in project management and governance. Analyse and appraise overall project risk profiles and provide regular updates so that management is provided with accurate information for decision making;
- Execute agreed project management plans to ensure all deliverables are achieved on time and within the scopes and budgets set. Direct the execution of projects and their separate workstreams, interpret key technical inputs and validate that all deliverables meet the required technical and regulatory requirements set. Coordinate the interaction of and dependencies between various work packages and manage the interfaces between external consultants or contractors to improve overall project delivery. Administer key project contracts and oversee the delivery of goods and services in accordance the contract terms and technical specifications set. Organise work with a view to minimising variations and analyse any claims and variations to determine their validity and engage with suppliers to resolve;
- Manage the procurement of goods and services required by the projects in accordance with company policy and Irish and EU legislative requirements and provide technical documentation for procurement of various services or contracts. Actively engage with key service providers, specialist consultants and contractors to negotiate project contracts on favourable commercial terms which are in line with marketplace norms;
- Actively engage with all key internal and external stakeholders as appropriate including for any necessary regulatory permits and consents to achieve project goals. Ensure a proactive approach to managing community and general stakeholder engagement in line with Bord na Móna policy is pursued on projects under management. Assist with the coordination and preparation of all documentation required to obtain governance approvals at the various stages of project development;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes;
- Honours Degree in Technical/Science discipline (NFQ 8), recognised Project Management qualification an advantage;
- 7+ years at project manager level;
- Experience in Gas and renewable energy projects, ideally renewable gas;
- Excellent knowledge of the gas sector particularly renewable gas and green hydrogen;
- Proven technical capability in relevant areas of the gas sector;
- Excellent capability and experience in Project Management;
- Experience and proven capability in stakeholder management;
- Experience in the management and delivery of infrastructure projects;
- Experience and capability in contract negotiation and financial management;
- High standard of report writing and communications skills required for this role;
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project.
Visit http://www.bordnamona.ie/careers/application-process-at-bord-na-mona/ for more
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 24th October 2021.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.