Senior Engineer – Flextech Projects
Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Senior Engineer – Flextech Projects on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Technology Development Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for working as part of the commercial team in the provision of a professional project and engineering service on development of projects that both provide a sound commercial proposition and aid the increased penetration of variable renewable energy on the electricity network to the Renewable Energy business unit and deliver assigned projects.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Support the Technology Development Manager in the delivery of professional project and engineering services to the Renewable Energy Business Unit to meet its specified requirements. Work with the commercial team to provide specialist technical and policy expertise in support of the development of projects that provide a sound business case and also aid the increased penetration of variable renewable energy on the electricity network – ‘Flextech’ projects. In the case of joint venture projects, fulfil the role identified in the project organisation structure, as agreed between the joint venture partners;
- Analyse and assess the policy and market for ‘Flextech’ type projects and originate project concepts and proposals to meet system requirements and market opportunities which complement and augment the Renewable Energy Business Unit’s existing or developing portfolio of assets. Support, and project manage where required, the development of such projects from feasibility through commercial business case development and investment decision to commercial operation through the execution of agreed project management plans to ensure all deliverables are achieved on time and within the scopes and budgets. Assist or lead where required the development of bids in response to System Operator calls to provide a range of services in support of the system. Analyse and appraise overall project risk profiles and provide regular updates so that management is provided with accurate information for decision making;
- Develop project delivery strategies appropriate to the projects, and joint venture partners needs where relevant, to best ensure successful project outcomes. Develop and implement detailed project management plans for each project phase to ensure projects are run in accordance with best practice in project management and governance. Execute agreed project management plans to ensure all deliverables are achieved on time and within the scopes and budgets set. Direct the execution of projects and their separate workstreams, interpret key technical inputs and validate that all deliverables meet the required technical and regulatory requirements set. Coordinate the interaction of and dependencies between various work packages and manage the interfaces between external consultants or contractors to improve overall project delivery. Administer key project contracts and oversee the delivery of goods and services in accordance the contract terms and technical specifications set. Analyse any claims and variations to determine their validity and engage with suppliers to resolve;
- Manage the procurement of all goods and services required by the projects in accordance with company policy and Irish and EU legislative requirements and provide technical documentation for procurement of various services or contracts. Actively engage with key service providers, specialist consultants and contractors to negotiate project contracts on favourable commercial terms which are in line with marketplace norms;
- Actively engage with all key internal and external stakeholders as appropriate including for any necessary regulatory permits and consents to achieve project goals. Ensure a proactive approach to managing community and general stakeholder engagement in line with Bord na Móna policy is pursued on projects under management. Assist with the coordination and preparation of all documentation required to obtain governance approvals at the various stages of project development;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes;
- Honours Degree in Technical/Science discipline (NFQ 8), recognised Project Management qualification an advantage;
- 7+ years in relevant engineering area;
- Power projects particularly those related to providing system flexibility, support and ancillary services;
- Excellent knowledge of the electricity/power sector particularly relating to DS3 and Flextech;
- Proven engineering and project management skills;
- Good capability and experience in stakeholder management;
- Experience in the management and delivery of power infrastructure projects;
- Capability and experience in bid preparation an advantage;
- Good capability and skills in contract negotiation and financial management;
- Excellent report writing and communications skills;
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project.
Visit http://www.bordnamona.ie/careers/application-process-at-bord-na-mona/ for more
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 24th October 2021.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.