Senior Financial Modeller
RENEWABLE ENERGY Open to Public Competition
Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Senior Financial Modeller on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Finance Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Finance Manager and broader Renewable Energy (RE) team in successfully achieving the future growth targets of the Renewable Energy Business Unit. The role will be responsible for the preparation of bank standard financial models and complex energy scenario planning tools across a range of energy projects both renewable and thermal.
Job Title: Senior Financial Modeller
Business Unit: Renewable Energy
Reporting to: Finance Manager
HR Contact: Yvonne Burke
Apply on or before: 27th October 2021
Eligibility: Public Competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Work with the Finance Manager and broader RE management team in planning and delivering the RE project pipeline in line with the 10 year corporate plan targets, Ensure alignment between the project teams and the Group 10 year plan in relation to timelines, CAPEX, OPEX and Revenue assumptions.
• Work with the RE management team in the decision-making processes around the emerging strategic business opportunities in the renewable energy sector with responsibility for all associated financial analysis and modelling.
• Build bank standard financial models for a range of energy projects and technologies which will be subject to external third-party due diligence review. Project technologies to range across renewables (wind, solar, battery etc) and thermal (biomass, gas etc).
• Support the wider team by assisting in the preparation of business case approval papers and presentations for a range of stakeholders including board, shareholder, and lenders. This role will be required to present and engage at executive and board level meetings.
• Ensure alignment between individual business unit projects and broader group targets, long term plans and forecast funding requirements.
• Act as financial modelling lead for other members of the group and provide guidance and support where required.
• Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• Professional Accountancy Qualification is required.
• Minimum 3 years financial modelling experience in the Energy/Infrastructure area.
• Oracle, MS Office, VB essential.
Visit http://www.bordnamona.ie/careers/application-process-at-bord-na-mona/ for more
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 27th October 2021.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.