Senior Project Manager
Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Senior Project Manager on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Commercial Development Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical and project management expertise in the identification, assessment, development, and delivery of Renewable Energy projects with a particular focus on the drive to reduce the LCOE of large renewable projects. Also, to assist in the development of new commercial opportunities for the Renewable Energy business unit and wider Group.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Lead the formulation of the LCOE strategy and its execution. Engage with and co-ordinate team members across the business unit to proactively drive efficiency, effectiveness and economy in the development and operation of projects;
- Support the scoping, planning and co-ordination of early stage project development activities of assigned work packages in renewable energy projects to successfully deliver required outputs. Analyse and appraise the key technical inputs and assumptions to assist in the building of robust business cases and financial models for the projects;
- Support the project management and delivery of renewable energy projects from feasibility through to commercial operation through the execution of agreed project management plans to ensure all deliverables are achieved on time and within the scopes and budgets;
- Manage the procurement of all goods and services required in accordance with company policy and Irish and EU legislative requirements. Actively engage with key suppliers to negotiate main project contracts on favourable commercial terms which are in line with marketplace norms. Administer key project contracts and oversee the delivery of goods and services in accordance the contract terms and technical specifications set;
- Ensure liaison with all key external stakeholders as appropriate to aid the delivery of consents. Ensure a proactive approach to managing community engagement in line with Bord na Mona policy is pursued on projects under management. Coordinate the prepare all documentation required to obtain Board, Departmental and Ministerial approvals;
- Support the Commercial Development team, including inputs as required into technical due diligence processes, technical inputs into feasibility, strategy review and business planning processes. Assist with other high priority projects where specific project milestones or objectives require input from the wider Renewable Energy team;
- Lead and Performance Manage your direct report(s). Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s objectives;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes;
- Honours Degree in Engineering (NFQ 8), recognised Project Management qualification an advantage;
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in Senior Project Manager or equivalent level;
- Knowledge and experience in the development of renewable energy projects is a requirement for this role;
- Competency across a broad range professional engineering skill must be demonstrated;
- Knowledge of and ability to apply project management methods, to oversee delivery of technical work and to comply with health & safety and environmental legislation and regulations are required for this role;
- Excellent technical appraisal, report writing and communications skills are essential;
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Arcmap, MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project.
Visit https://bnmproject.sharepoint.com/sites/thehub/Pages/Current-Vacancies.aspx for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 25th June 2021.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.