Strategic Partnerships & Business Development Manager
Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Strategic Partnerships & Business Development Manager on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Commercial Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and managing all strategic customer relationships in line with the Renewable Energy strategy and developing out new demand led business opportunities for the business.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Lead the commercial development of several Renewable Energy Parks, which are closely aligned with the development of the Renewable Energy pipeline of projects. Develop, communicate, and manage the delivery of a roadmap, which includes core activities around customer management, policy/legislation, infrastructure development, commercial contract strategy and the core skills needed to deliver on the strategy;
- Working with the Strategy & Regulatory Affairs manager, lead engagements with wider industry to ensure the right technical, policy, political and commercial supports in place to successfully deliver Renewable Energy Parks;
- Lead Renewable Energy off-take strategy and commercial discussions with large industrial customers. Manage and maintain strategic relationships and partnerships for the business. In-particular lead out Corporate PPA discussions with key customers and any other commercial contracts necessary as part of the Renewable Energy Park development. Develop a customer segment and sales strategy for the business;
- Drive the business development function and develop core value proposition for future large industrial customers. In addition to off-take strategy, the role holder will also work with the wider Renewable Energy management team to develop technical solutions, including engineering and design considerations necessary in the development of the Renewable Energy Parks. Lead establishment of joint ventures as appropriate to deliver on the strategy;
- Manage key relationships with EirGrid, GNI, Uisce Eireann, CRU,IDA, Enterprise Ireland, Government departments and others as part of the commercial development of the Renewable Energy Parks;
- Liaise and work internally with the wider Commercial and Development teams to identify suitable complimentary technologies that will form the composition of the Renewable Energy Parks, including Green Hydrogen and e-fuel derivatives, Anaerobic Digestion, Flextech and Energy Storage;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises and understand and apply all Health & Safety legislation and regulatory requirements as a fundamental element of any design undertaken ensuring safety of employee’s and members of the public during construction, testing and commissioning;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives;
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Hons Degree (Level 8 FETAC) in Commercial, Energy or Engineering Fields;
- Post Graduate (Level 9 FETAC) qualification in a relevant discipline, (e.g. Commercial, Engineering, Energy, Financial) would be an advantage for this role;
- Leadership skills, Excellent Communication Skills, Customer Management, Energy Policy, Commercial Contracts;
- Business Development and Sales Experience desirable;
- Business Management experience desirable;
- +10 years experience in Energy Industry and + 5 years at senior management level;
- Significant experience in leading engagements with customers and in driving business change;
- Experience in Power industry and infrastructure development;
- Programme management across a range of projects with differing priorities, risk profiles and timelines;
- Management of a team of professionals across a range of diverse but relevant backgrounds;
- Experience in delivering presentations at energy industry conferences and events;
- Excellent commercial acumen and significant experience in negotiating and managing large Commercial Contracts;
- Must have strong management and leadership experience;
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
Visit https://www.bordnaMóna.ie/careers/ for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 29th February, 2024.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.