Wind Farm Technician
Wind Farm Technician
Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Wind Farm Technician on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Mount Lucas and will report to the Wind Farm Manager. Wind farms are maintained by a small team of technicians. The successful candidate will be responsible for achieving challenging maintenance, engineering, commercial, safety, environmental, quality, and personal development targets.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Maintenance of wind farm and substations to achieve maximum plant availability and efficiency;
- Ensure maintenance plans and targets for the team are achieved safely and economically;
- Carry out fault diagnosis as required, ability to work at heights;
- Pro-active and creative in problem solving, electrical experience including high voltage operations;
- Work on other wind farm sites as required;
- Progress the ongoing development of the Maintenance team through good communication, involvement and teamwork;
- Lead and promote a culture of Health and safety and ensure compliance with safe systems of work for employees and contractors. All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives;
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Appropriate technical qualification including a recognised electrical apprenticeship;
- Min 5 years’ experience;
- IT proficient, electrical apprenticeship, familiar with HV operations;
- The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 28th March, 2023.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.