Yard Machine Operator
Yard Machine Operator
RECYCLING Open to Public Competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for a Yard Machine Operator. The role will be based in Bord na Mona Recycling Rosslare and will report to the Yard Supervisor. The purpose of this role is to ensure their site is kept clean, compliant and organized. Ensuring the plant elements are cleaned down and monitored to ensure the plant run efficiently. Operating to a daily yard checklist, driving road sweeper and forklift with some cover on heavy machines once training has been provided.
Job Title: Yard Machine Operator
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: Yard Supervisor
Location: Bord na Mona Recycling Rosslare
HR Contact: Teodora Nechita
Apply on or before: 30th of June 2023
Eligibility: Internal/External Candidates
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
· Operative will Carry out all yard Tasks related to his position. These can include but are not limited to operating a Loading Shovel / 360 / Sweeper / forklift Skidsteer & Yard Shunting. Loading of waste and general yard duties.
· Aid the yard supervisor in whatever yard requirements there is.
· Relevant paperwork to be completed where necessary and clocking in/out on each day of work. Operative will be punctual in terms of route start time.
· Relevant paperwork / debriefs to be completed daily. Be a good team player with a willingness to be flexible in the role. Clocking in/out on each day of work. Operative will be punctual in terms of start time.
· Maintain/aid in maintaining all allocated company vehicles and property in a safe and clean condition to ensure the maximum safety of the drivers, occupants and other personnel on-site, and to reduce the potential impacts of company vehicles on the environment.
· Show courtesy to all customers and members of the public at all times as well as work colleagues. Report any difficulties encountered with others to the line manager.
· All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
A good understanding of Health & Safety requirements especially Machinery safety.
Must be willing to work within the quality requirements on-site.
Previous experience in the operation of plant and machinery e.g., forklift, skid steer, 360° Digger desirable.
Experience in the waste industry an advantage.
Have a high degree of commitment and exhibit the initiative necessary to succeed in a competitive market environment.
Team player with ability to work on their own initiative
Be flexible and prepared to work shifts and in any required areas
Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.