BNM RECYCLING Open to public competition
Our BNM Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for a Yard Operative on a permanent contract. The role will be based from Rosslare and reporting to the Operations Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the site is kept clean, compliant, and organised. Ensuring the plant elements are cleaned down and monitored to ensure the plant runs efficiently. Operating to a daily yard checklist.
Job Title: Yard Operative
Business Unit: BNM Recycling
Reporting to: Operations Supervisor
HR Contact: Cora Kinnarney
Eligibility: Open to public competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Ensuring efficient operation of shed/yard and conscientious maintenance of same. This includes baling all incoming cardboard and plastic and processing all incoming loads to maximise resource recovery.
• Ensure that the Rosslare yard and MRF are kept clean and tidy at all times. This includes litter picking from all around the yard and outside perimeter of the AES Rosslare facility.
• Ensure that the MRF and waste shed is cleaned a number of times per day. This includes litter removal from floor corners, all nooks and crannies, all girders holding up the plant, and underneath equipment other than when material falls underneath dedicate recycle bays. It excludes cleaning duties as expected to be completed by MRF operatives at the end of every shift.
• Ensure all dust and residue is removed from the MRF and waste shed at least once per day. This includes dust and residue residing top of all equipment, dust and residue on girders holding up equipment and the shed, dust and residue on all railings, walkways, and stairs.
• Systemising bins including storage, washing and removal of broken.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• FAS Safe Pass
• Manual Handling experience
• Must be flexible to work across other areas, as required
• Eligibility to work in Ireland is required
• Proficiency in the English language required
• Experience in the waste industry a distinct advantage
If you wish to be considered, simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.