Employee Relations Specialist
Employee Relations SpecialistEnergy
Our Energy Business Unit currently has a need for an Employee Relations Specialist. The role will be multi-location but based primarily in Boora. The role will be initially part of the HR Transition Team, reporting to the Organisation Transformation Manager, and ultimately will transition to report to the HR Manager (Energy). The successful candidate will proactively provide expertise and advice and drive best practice across employee relations issues in the Energy Business Unit.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Develop and implement an employee relations strategy that is aligned with the strategic needs of the Energy Business Unit;
- Lead/or support the industrial relations negotiations on Energy specific issues as appropriate including presentation / representation at third party forums;
- Act as a subject matter expert providing advice to HR Generalists and Energy Line Managers on all industrial relations, employee relations and policy issues;
- Respond effectively to employee relations queries in a timely manner and ensure the organisation is legally protected in all employee related matters;
- Develop effective working relationships with unions, IBEC, the HR team and line managers across the Energy business to influence change and good practice. Manage relationships with union officials in line with the IR protocols;
- Understand the need for business change in each area of the business and develop IR/ER strategies to achieve these in conjunction with the Line Manager;
- Proactively participate in organisational projects or cross functional groups and provide IR inputs to such projects;
- Develop training, communications and provide recommendations for improving employee relations management;
- Lead the execution and implementation of Employee Relations programmes and initiatives and keep up to date with current employment legislation;
- Develop projects and activities focused on reducing employee relations issues whilst developing a culture of increasing line management empowerment and accountability;
- Develop and maintain a process with the HR team and Energy Line Managers to appropriately manage, monitor and measure IR issues. Provide an analysis of employee relations data;
- Identify trends and recommend solutions to improve process, culture and performance;
- Be an exemplar in demonstrating Leadership Standards and Behaviours for Success;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Honours Degree in IR, HR, Business or other related discipline is required;
- 7 years + addressing IR/ER issues in a unionised environment;
- A track record of delivery of outstanding business performance and results;
- Career evidence of excellence in Team-Working, Talent Management, Operation Excellence and Lean Principles & Personal Integrity.
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application. Visit http://www.bordnamona.ie/careers/application-process-at-bord-na-mona/ for more information. If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before April 14th 2019.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.